Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vancaronie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 09:16 AM
    2 inch drywall tape around a shower?
    Around my shower surround the 2 inch area was peeling cracking pretty deep. When I started peeling I ended up with a 2 inch area all around the shower that pulled off. The stuff that peeled off looks like a paper strip with plaster or something on top. As you can tell I am not an expert but am very handy at repairs with proper instruction. I'm just not sure how to go about fixing this.

Check out some similar questions!

What is minimum thickness for drywall on 24 inch spaced wall studs? [ 12 Answers ]

New home construction. Oakville Ontario. Architect suggests 5/8" drywall on stud spacing of 24" centers for the interior wall. Can I use 1/2"? Same question applies for ceiling drywall Trusses at 24" c-c. Can I use 1/2" gyprock? I understood that with the stronger drywall sheets now...

How to read a measureing tape in 10ths of an inch? [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to understand 1/10th of an inch--i know how to read a standard tape but the confusion is 1/10 of an inch--now my field caculator converted it to 1/8th of an inch--would this be correct--im applying to work for a drilling company Monday and this was one of their questions if I could read a...

Repair drywall seam around shower stall-some mold in drywall [ 3 Answers ]

Paint on drywall seam --10 in .that surromds ouside od shower stall has cracked. Pulling it off I discovered the mesh drywall tape below showed no signs of mud and was on top of dryall which now has developed a 6 in length of mold--- Painter 3-years ago did not do proper job-what to do?

Drywall tape on finished wall keeps popping up [ 4 Answers ]

I've been remodeling, painting, etc. The house is 8 yrs. Old with textured walls. It's mostly on corners but in several places the drywall tape is popping up along edges here and there. I took care of it with spackle and painted etc. In some places it has started coming up again. Is my...

How do I finish my drywall w/ mesh tape? [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a bunch of all-purpose,lightweight joint compound and some fiberglass mesh tape to finish my drywalls. Now, I've only been able to find how to use the regular tape with finishing drywall. How the HECK do I finish the drywall w/ mesh tape? Yes, I'm a complete newbie Appreciate any...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.