Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee_8080 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 08:39 PM
    How to replace a ruud blower motor I have the bracket screws off
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2011, 02:37 AM
    Hi Dee 8080 FIRST pull the power plug.You may need to pull the whole blower makes it easier that should be a few 5/16 sheet metal screws and slid blower assembly out. To slide the motor out you need to loosen the set screws in the middle of the blower wheel that hold the wheel to the motor shaft, might be two set screws,sometimes allens,or square heads. Here is the trick remove set screws all the way put liquid wrench,WD-40,in thread holes. You want to break free the motor shaft from the blower wheel,hang onto motor shaft with a wrench and spin blower with hand,work it back and forth pulling the motor out,reverse actions with new motor.

Mar 27, 2011, 11:57 AM
    The motor shaft is not budging I put liquid wrench in the shaft bolt thread hole still nothing

Mar 27, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Comment on kryostar's post
    OK I tried everything you said but the shaft is not budging do I have to replace the whole unit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 HP blower motor replace 1/2 HP ? [ 20 Answers ]

To make long story short, I have this bad air handler blower problem, a technician came and determined the motor is bad, so he replace old motor with new motor and new capacitor. The unit work for little while then it got overheat and shut down. So we are back to square one, i.e. the blower will...

RUUD Blower Motor Replacement - how important is the FLA rating? [ 1 Answers ]

Motor on my RUUD gas upflow 90% furnace (~10 years old) just fried itself. Grainger has a motor that is equivalent in all ways except one - the full load amps (FLA) rating. The existing motor is a GE 115VAC 1/2hp 1050 RPM model 5KCP39KG R911. The Grainger motor has a FLA rating of 7.8A, and...

Blower motor runs in reverse ruud [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Ruud furnace and the blower won't come on in the "on" or "auto" position. I can hear a humming sound but the blower won't start. If I give it a spin in the direction indicated on the blower housing nothing happens. But if I give it a spin in the reverse direction it will spin but...

How to replace blower motor goodman [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove - replace a blower motor on a Goodman AWB36-10CFR stud mount air handler

How do I replace the blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

How do I locate and replace the blower motor on my Carrier weathermaker 8000 model # 58ZAV096-12.

View more questions Search