Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bostonterrier1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Father's Family Judgemental
    Hi! I have a 15 yr old daughter. I have not been with her father since she was 6 months old. She has a relationship with her father but its when its convenient for him. Recently his family had a get together for x-mas and they all seemed to have ganged up on my daughter. She has been battling depression for 2 yrs now and can be moody and short tempered at times (a really handful I will admit) but despite that is still a straight A student and accelerates in sports... but his family never sees the good just the bad. They started saying she is doing drugs and drink, which she is doing neither. We have a very open relationship and she tells me EVERYTHING (sometimes more than I want to know) so I know that is not true. She is having a hard time with them being so judgemental especially every time she doesn't something well they compare her to her cousin without even acknowledging what she has done. The cousin is always better and smarter, etc. She loves them but is very hurt by all this and now no longer wants to have any association with any of them. She got in an argument with her grandmother and apologized to her afterwards and her grandmother has told her repeatedly she doesn't care if she ever speaks to her again. I know my daughter was wrong but she did apologize sincerely. What kind of grandmother can disown her grandchild over an argument. HELP! I am so lost on how to improve this situation. Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2007, 09:38 AM
    I fear she is suffering in the backlash of resentment against you. How dare you reject their son! Its unfortunate but not uncommon. If I were you, I would explain it to her that way and take the blame. Just get it off her.

She is old enough to make her own decision about whether she wants to continue a relationship with her father's family. Don't press her if she doesn't want to. If they question it don't mince words and tell them why she doesn't want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Father's ashes [ 1 Answers ]

My father died in April of 2006 and was cremated. He was married at the time to his wife of 12 years. She and my sister both expressed that he had told them that he wanted to be cremated and scattered at our family recreational property. His wife came to me after his death and asked permission...

Father's Ashes ! [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Minor, I am 15 years of age. My father passed away on July 3rd, 2003. My father, was cremated and my grandmother (his mother) has them. I supposed their must be some type of law for a mans own children to have a part of him, he is the man who raised me and my 19 year old brother. Please help...

Father's Rights? [ 7 Answers ]

Does a father have any right if a woman wants to have an unplanned pregancy? Can she demand anything from him if he does not want to participate?

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

View more questions Search