Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thela918 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Non Biological father on birth certificate .How do I get the Biological father on?
    Hello

I have a 2 year old little girl . We have recently found out that the man who signed the Birth Certificate isn't her father.I have dna tested the other alleged father. And She is his . How would I go about getting the non biological father off and her real father on ?
    The proven father Didn't know she was his till recently when the one who signed it in the first place got his DNA test back. . I hadn't told the REal biological father about her till Recently.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2011, 04:05 PM

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

You go to court to establish paternity. However, depending on where you are it may be too late to change legal paternity.

Mar 25, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    I live in Oklahoma. And the real father had no idea about her .Is there nothing he can do to get his rights to his daughter from the non bio?

Mar 25, 2011, 04:20 PM
    The Biological father wants his rights to his daughter and I don't think the non bio will Give his rights away and the father we have recently found out he had no idea about her .I don't know the family laws about OKlahoma .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thela918 View Post
    the Biological father wants his rights to his daughter and i dont think the non bio will Give his rights away and the father we have recently found out he had no idea about her .i dont know the family laws about OKlahoma .
    What a minute, are we talking about THREE fathers here? In any case, the father on the birth certificate is the legal father. The bio father will have to go to court to overturn his legal paternity. Even if the legal father would agree to it. So tell the bio father to go hire an attorney. The attorney will tell him whether the window of time to challenge paternity has passed or not.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Mar 26, 2011, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    What a minute, are we talking about THREE fathers here?
    Probably YES!;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Father Is Not Biological Father - How Do I Change The Birth Certificate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question, I have a 9 year old. I'm married and my husband's name in on the Birth Certificate of my 9 year old. I would like to tell my daughter who her real father is. I called her bio father and he does not want to do the DNA to see if it is his daughter. What are my options? Can he...

Putting biological father on birth certificate, and changing name back to biological [ 8 Answers ]

My mom and my stepfather are deceased and I'm an adult and want my biological father and my name changed back to his name since it was done without his consent, he is still alive and agrees. Can the courts do this?

Biological father not on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My common law spouse and I have been together for 6 years. He is the biological father of our twins. However, I did not include his name in the birthcertificate. We are now planning to get married. How do I go about putting his name on their birth certificate?

I want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate, how can I do this? Does he need to know? How much does this cost? I don't no who my really dad is, but the man on my birth certificate is a bully and I'm scared if he finds out he may turn nastey on my mum. Please help.

Biological father not on birth certificate [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son, his biological father has never been in the picture, the man I am with now has been with my son since he was 1. We got his name legally changed on his birth certificate to my current husband last name and also added him on the birth certificate. Does his biological father...

View more questions Search