Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 08:55 AM
    FOX News explained - or not.
    Hello:

Those of you, short of tom, who watch FOX News probably don't also watch The Daily Show on Comedy Central. If that's so, I suggest you watch THIS clip. It's the hard news guy, Brett Baier telling Jon Stewart about his employer... It's apparent that Baier has NO CLUE why people like me say the things we do about FOX. The guy isn't faking it either. He has NO CLUE. I'm not making fun of him, either. He's a SMART guy, but he's missing something. At least Stewart and I UNDERSTAND why you say the things you do. I don't think he does.

Do you understand WHY I say the things I do? If you answer, sure, like all liberals, you want to destroy America, then you're kind of like Bair, aren't you?

excon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 25, 2011, 08:58 AM

Excon - you forgot to include the link.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Excon - you forgot to include the link.
    Hello e:

I sure did. Thanks.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 09:50 AM

I'd like to see Stewart make his claims that the news Fox reports "is somewhat of a cover for a more political operation that exists underneath it,” to Shepard Smith(by far the best news anchor in the business today) or to the guy who had the show before Baier, Brit Hume .

To tell you the truth ,I turn on Baier's 'Special Report ' after the
    1st 15 minutes to listen to the round table discussion .Before that I pick one of the 3 dinosaur networks to see what they lead with.
    But what exactly is Stewart's complaint ? Nobody else in the Prime time hours on Fox claims to be straight up news shows .
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Mar 25, 2011, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I'd like to see Stewart make his claims that the news Fox reports "is somewhat of a cover for a more political operation that exists underneath it,” to Shepard Smith(by far the best news anchor in the business today) or to the guy who had the show before Baier, Brit Hume .

To tell you the truth ,I turn on Baier's 'Special Report ' after the
    1st 15 minutes to listen to the round table discussion .Before that I pick one of the 3 dinosaur networks to see what they lead with.
    But what exactly is Stewart's complaint ? Nobody else in the Prime time hours on Fox claims to be straight up news shows .

Hi Tom,

I think one of the complaints is there is no or little distinction between new and opinion. It is up to the public to discern the difference. Herein lies the problem.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 03:38 PM

But Fox makes it very clear that the opinion shows are just that.
    Bret Baier is probably not their best spokesman in this case because half of his prime time show is opinionated round table discussion. But I have not seen a more straight up and entertaining news program from any other American network than the Shepard Smith's 'The Fox Report '.EVER! (and that includes years of watching American network ,BBC ,and foreign news outlets.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 03:46 PM
    So 1/24th of their programming is OK. What a crappy channel.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 03:58 PM

As opposed to MSNBC that has zero unbiased news reporting ;or Jon Stewart who's audience cannot distinguish between news reporting and a comedy schtick .
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    or Jon Stewart who's audience cannot distinguish between news reporting and a comedy schtick .
    They can but they don't have to -the show is on the COMEDY CENTRAL!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 07:32 AM

This whole Fox News dementia is what's comical. Suddenly, a news channel that doesn't walk in lockstep with the rest blows the competition out of the water and you guys start having brain spasms. That's funnier than Comedy Central.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 07:40 AM
    This issue people have had with Fox isn't new in case you haven't been paying attention.
    Here's some reading material with the proper references to sources: Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once again popularity does not equal quality.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 07:59 AM

Dan Rather.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Yup, and the Killian documents issue lead to his resignation. I see no one being fired at FNC.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:15 AM

For what exactly?
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:19 AM
    Start reading the thread from the top again.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    For what exactly?
    Hello again, Steve:

For losing half your audience, perhaps?

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Start reading the thread from the top again.
    No sir, you're the prosecutor, you make the case.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

For losing half your audience, perhaps?

excon
    And that would be a business decision, not a question of ethics.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:53 AM

While we wait for the prosecution to make it's case, this is what's it's all about, a George Soros funded entity founded on the pretense of being a media watchdog, has declared war on Fox News.

The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage aimed at the Fox News Channel.
    Obviously they never bought into Obama's "new era of civility" either.

They're also going after Murdoch, "the group will “focus on [News Corp. CEO Rupert] Murdoch and trying to disrupt his commercial interests — whether that be here or looking at what’s going on in London right now."

I can't wait to watch them flame out.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    While we wait for the prosecution to make it's case, this is what's it's all about, a George Soros funded entity founded on the pretense of being a media watchdog, has declared war on Fox News.
    Can you link us to the actual interview where he says "guerrilla warfare and sabotage"? Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guess who just joined Fox News? [ 84 Answers ]

lol!

Watching fox news - oreilly - on internet [ 3 Answers ]

How do you watch Fox news like Bill O'Reilly on the internet? John Stewart is easy, but I can't figure out if it is possible with O'Reilly. If I get this figured out I may just pay for internet and go with TV antenna. Good-bye cable bill. Thank you, Cheers, Jim

Ah Fox News, you never cease to amaze [ 9 Answers ]

Show of hands in PA diner yields one vote for McCain, nearly unanimous support for Obama, FOX Brian Wilson calls it "split." KTkqosRiyYo

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

View more questions Search