Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink n cute Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Lose weight
    Hey wts the easiest way to lose weight and tone up please help wb soon xxx:confused:
    Ro0dle Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 10:39 AM
    I think this differs per person, personally I find it very difficult to lose weight but you may be lucky and it may not be too hard. THere is a difference between losing weight quickly and losing weight healthily though. I would advise the healthy way obviously :)
    THe healthy way to do this would be a balanced way of losing weight.
    This is by
    -aiming to make one or two changes at a time to what you eat rather than trying to make too many changes at once. Don't just suddenly decide to live on lettuce for the next 3 weeks :P
    - Try to lose weight sensibly, by losing 1-2lbs per week because this is a reasonable amount to lose and if you lose any more than 2lb per week it can be very difficult to keep off.
    - Combine a healthy diet with some exercise, you don't have to do much but just something like brisk walking or swimming or any exercise you enjoy. Exercising in a morning while your body is still in a fasting state (before you've had your breakfast) is a good time to exercise because the body relies on the fat stored to give you the energy to do the exercise, this could be something like a walk outside or 20 minutes on an exercise bike whilst watching TV - 20mins at this time of the day is the equivalent of doing about an hour of exercise at any other time (according to a health book I have)
    -measure your waist as well as weighing yourself and then you can see how many cms you lose, best time to do this is also in a morning because you haven't eaten anything yet.
    - eat things like wholemeal bread instead of white bread because it fills you up and is low in fat. Obviously avoid chips as much as possible, you could eat them a couple of times per week and you would be okay as long as they're not extremely greasey.
    -have no more than 3/4 pint of semi skimmed milk or 1 pint of skimmed milk per day.
    - keep cheese portions small and do things like grate cheese so that it can be spread further.
    -Eat low fat yoghurts and things but sometimes when things say low fat, they add lots of sugar to make them taste good again so check the labels, you are best off also checking the section on the labelling that says carbohydrates --g and (of which sugars --g) make sure that the of which sugars part is quite low compared to the actual carbohydrates e.g. carbohydrates 35.2g (of which sugars) 2.6g , because these types of foods will fill you up for a long period rather than something like a chocolate bar that will give you a wuick burst of energy and then you will need more food.
    -avoid fatty meats like sausages,burgers,pies etc. if you do have them occasionally, grill them instead of frying them.
    -remove visible fat from meat
    -try using quorn or soya instead maybe (I do anyway because I am a vegetarian)
    -eggs-boil poach or scramble them rather than frying them.
    -eat fish rather than meat 1 or 2 times per week, avoiding frying it.
    -eat PLENTY of fresh vegetables or salad with your main meals
    -add salad to sandwiches
    -try having fruit fresh/tinned - in own juices for puddings. . Maybe with as low fat and low sugar yoghurt.
    -sweeten breakfast cereals with fruit.
    -eat fruit or veg as a snack between meals so you don't get tempted to raid the cupboards.
    -drink plenty of water
    -avoid drinking fruit juice from concentrate - have pure fruit juice or if you do have to have it from concentrate in the cartons then water it down.
    -diet pop instead of regular

I think I have kind of gone over the top with this really but I hope it helps in some way :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search