Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethanyjaynee Posts: 56, Reputation: -2
    -

Mar 24, 2011, 08:47 PM
    Yes but the test must be right because the party was 12-13weeks ago.
    The test said 12-13 weeks
    Therefore I think the tests right.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2011, 08:48 PM

Bethany, I've asked the mods to edit out your full name from the post.

Not only is it dangerous to give out identifying information over the internet like that (anyone who comes to this site can see it, not just us), but we also prefer to keep discussions on the threads out in the open. If you'd like to share how the phone call goes please feel free to add to this thread.
    -

Mar 24, 2011, 08:50 PM
    clearblue site-
    'Clearblue DIGITAL with Conception Indicator – so accurate… it also tells you how many weeks ago you conceived.
    The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator gives you double confirmation of the result. Its Smart Dual Sensor â„¢ not only tells you in words if you're pregnant or not, but if you are, it also shows you how many weeks pregnant you are.'
    -
    Thank you my point is proven ^thats the test I took.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 08:53 PM

Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator
    I just spoke with my OB/GYN about this test as we delivered a baby about an hour ago. He laughed and said that this test is not, in any way, reliable when it comes to predicting gestation.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 08:53 PM

I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet.

If you are in fact 12 weeks pregnant then abortion is no longer an option. You're 3 months along, going into your second trimester. I don't know any legit doctor that will do an abortion in the second trimester.

There may still be some time, but if you're gong to have an abortion you have to decide soon, like today. Time is running out. This isn't something you can wait and decide later.
    -

Mar 24, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Iknow this already
    But thank you anyway
    I'm going too have too keep my baby now and I guess that's that on whether I give her/him up for adoption I'm not sure but there's plenty of time for me too decide that.
    -
    I've got all the information I need now thank you everyone.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanyjaynee View Post
    clearblue site-
    'Clearblue DIGITAL with Conception Indicator – so accurate… it also tells you how many weeks ago you conceived.
    The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator gives you double confirmation of the result. Its Smart Dual Sensor â„¢ not only tells you in words if you're pregnant or not, but if you are, it also shows you how many weeks pregnant you are.'
    -
    Thankyou my point is proven ^thats the test i took.
    That is the stupidest argument I've ever heard... an advertisement said it so it must be true. I guess it's also true that if I swallow a watermelon seed a watermelon will grow in my stomach, that's what my mom said when iw as five. So following your logic, I guess it has to be true.

And you said you didn't argue with anyone's advice or feedback... ha.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanyjaynee View Post
    you dont watch telly then do you nurse?
    I don't have time to watch television, I'm busy delivering babies at night and sleeping during the day.

You believe everything you see on TV?
    -

Mar 24, 2011, 08:59 PM
    Ye like I said I said I 'didnt' when it came too this end bit I wanted too prove my point on that the test does exsist on er its accurate or not I'm not sure but owell I will find out how far gone I am properly.
    -
    End of this thread now people there's no need for anymore help I've got all the advice I need and thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:00 PM

From that site regarding the same test --

"If the result is ’Pregnant’ the Smart Dual SensorTM also monitors the concentration of the pregnancy hormone, and provides an estimate of how many weeks ago you conceived: 1-2, 2-3 or 3+. This is displayed together with the ’Pregnant’ result."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:04 PM

It probably said 1-2 and you read that as 12?

So you got pregnant about 3 months ago, at the middle or end of December?
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:07 PM

To be fair, there is a pregnancy test that does display how far along you are. I don't believe it's accurate, but they are selling it and people are buying it.

The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator

There's no way for a test to determine gestation. If it's basing gestation on hormone levels then it's not at all accurate. Each woman is different, and hormone levels alone cannot determine how far along a woman is.

To the OP, you may have all the answers you're looking for, but you cannot dictate when people stop posting on your thread. You can walk away any time you want and stop posting, but this thread is on a public site, and anyone can post for as long as the thread is open.
    peacemaker129 Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Mar 24, 2011, 09:12 PM
    Dude, I'm 14 as well. My advise. Don't HAVE SEX! Dude your only 14!! This is kind of karma. Sex this young is WRONG. I'd say have it and put it up for adoption. Oh and call your mom. Or a doctor, or in your case call a priest. Good luck.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    To be fair, there is a pregnancy test that does display how far along you are. I don't believe it's accurate, but they are selling it and people are buying it.
    And the doctors aren't relying on it as it is not considered a reliable test for gestational age.
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    And the doctors aren't relying on it as it is not considered a reliable test for gestational age.
    And I completely agree with them. I just wanted to point out that there is a test out there that claims it can predict how far along a woman is in her pregnancy.

If grown women are buying this test thinking that it's accurate, can we really blame a 14 year old for believing it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:18 PM

I had posted on the previous page that the site says (in fine print) it's only an estimate .
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 09:19 PM

I am now going to close this thread as it is apparent that this IS a troll by the inconsistencies in her story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Could you get pregnant off implanon I miss my period could I be pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I been on the implanon for a year and I miss my period could I be pregnant

My period is 4 months late and I am not pregnant, can I still get pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The first day of my last period was 5/22/2010 and it lasted for 5 days. Since then I have not seen a period. I have taken at best 15 home pregnancy test of various brands and they have all come back negative. I even went the length of going to the local health department to have two...

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

View more questions Search