Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aimster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 02:15 PM
    What happens to a Washington State resident accused of a second theft in the third de
    What if you have a theft in the third degree charge from 6 years ago, but now there is a new theft in the third degree charge? Do you need to get a lawyer? Is there a way to ask the court for it to not appear on your permanent record? Will I expect to do jail time?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimster View Post
    Do you need to get a lawyer? Is there a way to ask the court for it to not appear on your permanent record? Will I expect to do jail time?
    Hello A:

You certainly DO need a lawyer. You can ask, but if you're convicted, it's Going to be on your record.. Jail time?? I'm not sure what 3rd degree stealing is. If it's shoplifting, maybe not. If it's stealing cars, maybe so.

excon
    Aimster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Yes it is shoplifting. The first time was 6.5 years ago and it was Walmart. This time it is Whole Foods. Why do I need a lawyer? Can't I just plead guilty and take my sentencing? How will a lawyer help change anything?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong woman being accused of theft [ 3 Answers ]

If anybody could help me I have a question about if they have a video tape with someone that only looks like you can they charge you with the crime just because they think its you

Bipolar man accused of theft [ 3 Answers ]

My husband first of all has been diagnosed with bipolar. He was asked by some poor people in our town, to carry them to cash two SSI checks, which he did. (They do not have a car, nor do they know how to drive.) They also asked him to carry them to visit their sister, who had breast cancer the...

Wrongfully accused theft $50 [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I were shopping together and I picked up a wallet and she picked up two. The wallet that I picked up was the last one like it. My sister and I continued to shop around. I really had to use the restroom but I didn't want to risk someone else buying the wallet so I took it with me...

Being accused of theft [ 2 Answers ]

I recently worked in a department store, you are not allowed to buy items during your working shift, so I asked a colleague to get me 3 tops that was in the sale and gave her the cash, She came to my checkout as it was the only one available, I scanned in the sale goods but the original price...

Fired & accused of theft [ 4 Answers ]

I work in retail and I have an alarm code designated to me only. Someone broke into the store using my passcode and a key. I received two weeks suspended with pay. Then I had to go in for a meeting which they would not disclose who would be attending or any other details. At that time I was...

View more questions Search