Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikephod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Ex-wifes debts
    My ex wife has recently passed away leaving me a lot of debts, I haven't lived with her for more than 18 years but some of the utility bills are in my name. She has remarried since our devorce but had kept my surname. What can I do?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 12:46 PM

Notify the utility company that their records are not up-to-date, that you should not be on the account, and haven't been living with her for 18 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are my husbands debts my debts? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out if the bills that come in each month in my husbands name are my responsibility?

My wife's best friend [ 4 Answers ]

How can I tell if my wife's friend likes me? Me and her are always sitting close, she puts her hand on my chest. Then yesterday she asked me to go to an adult store with her. After she stayed with me for a couple of hours. I am picking up mixed signals. What should I do?

My wife's had two affairs now. [ 7 Answers ]

Hoping for some guidance here - hope you can help. My wife and I have been been together 11years and have been married nine years, we have two wonderful children, both work full time. My wife (whom I love with all of my heart) has had two affairs whilst we've been together, the first 5 years...

What can I do about my wife's gambling. [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has lost many thousands of dollars playing poker machines. We recently got married and before the wedding she promised me she had no credit cards etc or debts that I was unaware of. I discovered 2 credit cards $25000 in Feb 2008. We took a loan and paid them off. She insisted on having...

View more questions Search