Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beardies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 07:20 AM
    If you lied in court over your resumes can you go to jail?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 07:26 AM
    Lying in court about anything anything is called perjury. More here:
    Perjury - Criminal Law Lawyer Source
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 07:26 AM

Its called Perjury... and Perjury can result in jail time.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 07:30 AM

Yep, the above answers are right: If you lie under oath in court, then if you are caught lying (no matter how insignificant you think that the lie was) then you have been caught perjuring yourself. In many areas that can result in jail time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long to sit in jail on bail before first court date [ 3 Answers ]

My son got pulled over and had no license, got arested and put in jail for 5000.00 bail, its been almost 30 days and they keep delaying his first court date because the DA for hat town is on vacation?

I have 6 charges against me 3 felonies, haven't been to court am I looking at jail? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I was extremely drunk one night riding home with my husband, arguing and I got out of the car he drove off I started walking two guys across the street started hollering obscene things at me, I climbed under a fence and drove off (thru a gate) in a business truck. My husband found me and got...

Porp36 court violates you for a second violation what is the time in jail? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a probatioin hold?how long can thed hold stay in effect?

They lied in Court [ 14 Answers ]

I had wrote before telling how I breed boxers. I sell them with a contract. My contract states that if you ever get rid of the dog you have to return to me with no refund. I had one returned to me, they said they couldn't control her as far as housebreaking and that someone broke into their home...

Already in jail and have a court date somewhere else what do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

I I'm already in county jail and I have another court date in a different county what do I need to do to keep warrants off me?

View more questions Search