Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chess47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 10:02 PM
    I worked at nora oats from may 1979 to jan. 1980 and want my money
    This is Dan Mostek and worked at Nora Oats for 8 months and paid into the 401k and never got any of the money
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 07:36 AM

Contact the plan administrator for your 401(k) plan. Phone contact information should be available on the statements you receive from them each quarter. If you have not been receiving statements it's either because (a) you moved and didn't provide a forwarding address so you're considered "lost," or (b) if the value of your account was less than some minimum amount (typically $5K) they may have closed out your account and sent a check to you - this would have happened within a year of your leaving the job.

By the way - 401(k) were not introduced until 1980, and most companies didn't begin to adopt them until a year or two later. I suspect back in 1979 your invested in some sort of an "employee savings plan," not a true 401(k), and the rules varied widely between plans. If you are sure that you still have money in this plan you should contact the HR department of your former employer and ask about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for my transcript from Daniel Hale Williams University from 1979 to 1980 [ 1 Answers ]

My transcript I am looking to find copies of my transcript from Daniel Hale Williams University of 1979, which I graduated and the school closed in 1980. I need to know if they became a credited school. The was located in Chicago, Illinois

Who own me money that I once worked for [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know who own me money I went on a web site that said I was owned over 11,000but they want me to pay to see who own me the money

I am Mahes Kumar D/O/B 13/09/1980. I want to know my future in work ,money & family [ 3 Answers ]

I am Mahesh Kumar D/O/B 19.09.1980 I want to know my future in work , money & family

Came to US in Jan 2009 do I need to pay tax in India for Jan,feb,mar 09 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I came to US on H1B visa on 12Jan 09 and started getting US salary before that my company pays me indian salary. Now when I am filing returns in India do I need to pay tax on US earned salary(Jan,feb,mar 09) . If so then I can claims the returns when I file in Dec 09 in US ( if I stay...

View more questions Search