Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 03:37 AM
    Water pipes vibrating and making a noise when the toilet system refills
    When the toilet refills you can hear the pipes vibrate and make a noise. I've turned our stop cock to off and then turned it back on slightly and this rectifies the problem but the water then just trickles out. I think it's an air block but I don't know how to check the toilet. All the tapes are working fine.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jan 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
    What you are hearing is water hammer. Make sure all the pipes are secure and strapped. They make hammer arrestors for this purpose if nessesary... You may also want to have your water pressure coming into the house checked to see if it's too high...
    Hammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Thanks Rick, I've had a pressure value fitted to the in flow pipe for the toilet and all is fine now

Graham

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

Surging noise in water pipes [ 3 Answers ]

When ever we turn on the water (i.e. kitchen sink, faucets) or flush a toilet there is a surging sound. Doesn't seem to do this when the washer is running thought. We live in a 1 year old house and are worried about our pipes. Seems to have gotten worse. The loudest is the mater toilet on the...

Vibrating (Banging) Water Pipes (Water Running) [ 2 Answers ]

When upstairs tub valve is opened for the first time in the evening, loud banging noise sometimes ensues from pipes. Banging is alleviated when supply is redirected to showerhead, or when water is turned off. Single-handle Pegasus (Home Depot) valve. No issues when supply is off (not "water...

Pipes Making Noise [ 30 Answers ]

I have read some other posts on this forum and have some ideas. However, I will try to be more specific. About every 5-10 minutes there is a clunking noise under our house. Our house was built in 1991 (I think), is a large rambler (3400sqft), and I have total access underneath it. This noise,...

View more questions Search