Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    td4504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 11:30 PM
    Corian flat or with integrated back splash?
    Doing a kitchen update with existing cabinets. New Corian is being installed. Should I have the contractor install it with an attached 4 inch backsplash or have it installed flat to the wall. In either case, a glass tile backsplash will be between the bottom of the cabinets and the Corian.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2011, 06:10 AM

Installing counter top without 4'' backsplash will give u a cleaner look. Using the 4'' backsplash will give the appearance that tile was an after thought.

This is just my opinion

Chuck
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
    I think if you plan to do a lot of scratch cooking and baking, or have young kids and find that spills are still common, the back splash is going to be more practical for cleanup. Another consideration is number of appliances and other objects that will be moved against the walls; a back splash would stand up to impacts better. These might not be considerations if you're an empty nester, though, so take it with a grain of salt!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is back splash key on computer key board [ 5 Answers ]

I can't locate back splash key

Where is back splash key on computer key board [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot find my back splash key on my key board.

Materials for back splash [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting a back splash for my new kitchen counter and I am wondering about alternative materials instead of tile. I have seen ads for a metallic roll that functions as a back spash or? My cabinets are dark walnut/ebony, wall colour is yellow/gold. Any ideas? schwanny

Back probs.how 2 get a flat stomach? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cyst on my lower back. The doc said to not do anything that would irritate it. That includes crunches. I'm really getting out of shape. Especailly my love handles.. is there a way 2 get my flat stomach back with out crunches? :(

View more questions Search