Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkollie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Laptop keyboard issues
    I have an HP dv6 laptop that all of a sudden started having keyboard issues. For some reason its only the bottom row of keys giving problems. Here the sequence of problems.
    z- triggers the caplock key & same in reverse
    x- working normally
    c- brings up the help/support menu(very odd), but works with the shift key(hmmm... )
    v- bv
    b- bv
    n- nm
    m- nm
    It's all so strange, because I attached an external keyboard and it worked just fine, so I'm guessing it's the hardware; not sure though. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 06:20 PM

What Operating System?
    alixee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 12:16 AM
    That happens to me sometimes... there's a button at the top of my track pad that locks the mouse in one spot. Then u can type... other then that, u just got to get used to it and try not to touch it. Or u could buy a external mouse and turn the track pad off permantly
    gkollie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 12:23 AM
    Windows 7
    wizzcom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Well I can't believe I have exactly the same problem , did you solve this , I have just ordered a new keyboard it will take a few weeks from china , now I am worried I wasted my money as what are the chances of you have the exact problem as myself, with the same keys , I will let you know when my new Keyboard comes if it fixes the problem but I have mt doubts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP laptop keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

My keyboard seems to be locked on the numbers and I can't figure out how to get it off. It will only type numbers on the right side instead of letters.

Laptop KeyBoard [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. I am having problems with my laptop keyboard. Because of a dusty incident.. I had to clean the keyboard of my laptop. And now is seem's to be Jammed. Well not jammed because the keys are moving but... when I type a certain key the result that I'm getting is.. DIFFERENT. When I type...

Laptop keyboard [ 5 Answers ]

My DELL Inspiron 2200 windows xp. Keyboard is not operating correctly I press 'h'key & the F5 key operates space bar is also the 'n'key backspace the 'y' and so on

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

View more questions Search