Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KitKat11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 05:59 PM
    11 year old job
    I'm an 11 year old living in the sacromento area and I'm looking for a job... it doesn't have pay very much... I love animals and want to work with them... anyone have an idea??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 06:15 PM

Go to a local animal shelter and volunteer there. You will meet other animal lovers who very likely will know of job possibilities with animals.

Work for a local vet clinic sweeping floors and doing odd jobs.

Find and "adopt" some senior citizens who need help with dog walking, playing with their animals, feeding them, brushing them, etc. Old people are sometimes less mobile and can't get down on the floor or even squat down to do things. You would probably be asked to clean litter boxes and clean up back yards that have doggy doo in them. Meanwhile, you would spend time with cats and dogs and also make a new friend with the senior person (and hear lots of great stories about the "old days"! ).

Make sure your parents are on the same page and have met the people you will work for.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 06:21 PM

I don't know if you can get a work permit in Sacramento until you are 15 or 16.

Have you asked friends if they need their dogs walked? Maybe bathed?

You can make some good money pet sitting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 14 year old get a job? [ 3 Answers ]

To get a job in Nevada? I heard that's it is supposely 14 but my bro said that my sis ex-boyfriend told him you HAVE to be 15 to get a job. So can a 14 year old get a job? I live inn Las vegas,Nevada. I want to know if 14 year old can work in stores not mowing lawns (odd jobs ) or other jobs that...

12 year old job [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I am 12 years old and I need some temporary money until I turn 13 in April next year I won't be able to get a job at my school until I'm in the eight grade and 13 so where do I go?

12 year old job [ 4 Answers ]

To help my family

View more questions Search