Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2011, 06:18 AM
    Why dose my helix piercing hurt, how do I clean it with no sea salt or h2ocean??
    2 days ago I let my friend pierc my ear its on the outer side of my ear in the middle and it is in cartilage. My friend cleaned the earing and we put ice on my ear to numb it. After it was numb she shoved the earing through my ear. It didn't hurt the first day but now it hurt when I wake up and yesterday it only hurt when I touched it. My ear is a little red and it is only swollen in one spot at the top. WHY DOSE IT HURT HOW LONG WILL IT HURT ALSO HOW DO I CLEAN IT WITH NOT SEA SALT OR H2OCEAN I Don't HAVE ANY PIERCING CLEANER. HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT TO CHANGE THE PIERCING. Please answer thank you
    Attached Images

Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2011, 06:31 AM

First off, that is stupid. You DO NOT let a friend pierce anything!

Now, it hurts because you shoved a needle threw it.

It is red and swallon because you shoved a needle through it.

Why would you pierce it if you knew you didn't have the items needed for after care?

You can try and use anti bacterial soap, its what I healed my eyebrow with (H2Ocean just dried it out to much).

Mar 22, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Is it normal for a helix piercing to hurt and burn?
    I got a mid helix piercing done 2 days ago and it burns when I'm not touching it and when I do touch it it hurts I clean it with warm water and hand soap 2 times a day and I did a sea salt rinse earlyer today (my first one) I can't sleep on the side I got it pierced on because it hurts and it hurts worse when I wake up can anyone help me please

Mar 22, 2011, 01:10 PM
    I got mine done 2 days ago and it burns a lot

Mar 22, 2011, 01:13 PM
    Is it normal for a helix piercing to hurt and burn for no reason help!
    I got my helix pierced 2 days ago and it burns for no reason and hurts when I touch it what do I do
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 22, 2011, 01:14 PM

Well, I hope you learned your lesson about letting friends pierce you. Next time, go to a salon and get it done professionally.

You can use saline solution (e.g. contact solution) as a low grade cleanser, and use it daily. Rotate the piercing while running the solution over it.

I would really recommend going to a Claires (the place that sells cheap jewelry at the mall) I think they still sell piercing cleaner and disinfectant. Any piercing salon will have the same.

You need to clean the piercing and clean it daily. Please use professional services for your subsequent piercings.

Mar 22, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicasmith View Post
    i got mine done 2 days ago and it burns alot
    If this symptom doesn't go away after cleaning it then take the piercing out. The number of harmful infections to which you may have exposed yourself are not worth keeping the piercing.

Mar 22, 2011, 01:42 PM

"Emily94 does not find this helpful : NEVER goto a salon for piercings! They only use a piercing gun, these are extremely dangerous to use, they also have a tendancy to shatter cartilage (I learn the hard way). They also are not disinfected very well."

Emily what are you talking about? I'm talking about a piercing salon! One with professionals who pierce using all the proper cleansing techniques and needles.

EDIT: I think you gave me a reddie based on semantics here, and not facts. But that's not what's important, we need to get the facts straight for the sake of the health of the OP.

Please go to a salon for your piercings. I don't know where Emily got the idea about a piercing gun being the *only* technique at a piercing salon, because all of my piercings have been done with a needle, latex gloves, and cleansing chemicals (and I am no stranger to piercings or salons that do piercings). That is the technique you should look for at your salon. Do NOT avoid a salon based on any pre-conception that they only use a "gun", for that is simply false information.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 06:42 AM

Go back to the place you had it done, and ask them if it's infected.
    Hansasa Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
    You need to see a doctor before it gets worser
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2011, 06:15 AM
    If you only had it pierced 2 days ago, it is normal for it to still be hurting and burning. Piercings will hurt and be sore for a week or more after you have them done. If you're really worried then you can always go back to the shop and ask them to check it out, but I'm sure there will be nothing wrong with it, only normal after-piercing discomfort.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 11, 2011, 11:10 AM
    I have had 3 cartilage piercings and mine all did that for about the first week. Just make sure you clean it three times a day for the first week with the recommended cleaning solution/salt water solution you should've received from your piercer, then clean it twice a day for the rest of the month and then to once a day for the rest of the healing period. Try no to fiddle with the earring or touch it, if you have to then make your hands are clean. If the problem persists or does not go down within two weeks then go back to your piercer. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a helix piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

i was wondering if anyone knew about helix piercings? if they do hurt? i have already had 4 lobe piercings, 2 cartillage piercings and my tragus done, but does it hurt anymore than them?

Dead Sea Salt for use in my salt water pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am converting my swimming pool (25000 gallons of water) into a salt water pool. I just bought the Jandy generator and I need to get 80 lbs of salt ( I think) . It clearly states to get 100 percent NAC1. Can I use Dead Sea Salt?

Can you use salt and hot water to clean a navel piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

Can hot water and salt be considered an acceptable saline solution for a new navel piercing?

Is it OK to us iodized sea salt to soak my belly piercing? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my belly piercied about 5 days ago and I'm scared that it will get infected and I don't know what to do... ppl say that alcohol and hydrogen proxide water don't help heal it but can I us iodized sea salt to soak it?

View more questions Search