Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lgarvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 08:21 PM
    Didn't use funds in Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
    Didn't use any money in the Dependent Care Flex Spending Acct, can I deduct it on Form 2441 line 24? And, on what form and line do I put the credit?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 06:55 AM

No - the amounts you report on Form 2441 are the amounts actually paid to the care provider. If you didn't use up all of your flex spending account for tax year 2010, you lose it. Remember, this money was deducted from your pay pre-tax, so you can't expect to get a credit or deduction on money that was never taxed in the first place

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Dependent care flexible spending account [ 1 Answers ]

We have claimed the Dependent care Flexible Spending fund for my kid's daycare expenses for two years. But we just found out that parents must be working or actively looking for a job to be eligible for this TAX benefit. My wife have not been working for three years. Although she was trying to find...

Is F1 OPT eligible for Flexible spending account - child care? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently on F-1 OPT visa, working for a company who provides FSA. I have a son who was born in US. Am I eligible for FSA - child care expense for year 2009? Thanks.

Lien on my bank Account due to ex-wife spending [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of a nasty divorce. While I was married my soon to be ex-wife signed up for credit cards under my name without my knowledge and now collectors are calling me non-stop. To make matters worse, today I noticed that the collectors agency had a court action against me (without my...

Flexible Savings Account (FSA) for non-resident spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My wife is now on a OPT (Optional Practical Training) F1 Visa, and she want to open her Flexible Savings Account (FSA) to use for medical expenses (deductables, medicines,. ). I am here in the US because of her and also because I am doing all the applications to start my MBA next...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

View more questions Search