Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANGELIC1530 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
    When you are given an inclined plane must the degree be given ?
    Must the angle from the ground to the inclined plane be given to you as part of the question ?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Mar 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Not necessarily. It depends what the question is asking. For example, if a 2000 kg car is coasting along a flat surface at 40 km/h, then it drives up a hill (a.k.a. an inclined plane), how high up the hill will it travel (ignoring friction)?

The answer to that question is independent of the angle of the hill. It's just a matter of converting the car's kinetic energy before the climb to potential energy once it comes to rest.

Do you have a particular question that's stumping you? If you're stuck, one of us here may be able to provide some guidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is HE Gifted?5 year old spiritually inclined [ 41 Answers ]

On the last posting... just in case any one wonders... My 5 year old doesn't see my in laws... they live out of state. My husband is in the military. And My family although Catholic, are non practicing Catholics. We know there is no way he could have been told these things by either side...

Inclined plane [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how to calculate force transferred from the perpendicular to horizontal assuming zero friction. Example: 10 pounds of verticle force applied to a 30 degree plane will move the plane horizontally with how much force? Or to put it another way, how much force is lost in the example, and...

View more questions Search