Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crdjod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 03:06 PM
    Gagging and false teeth?
    I received a full set of upper dentures and a lower partial and I can not keep them in my mouth without gagging. I have tried to sleep with them so that I could get use to them but when I wake up I gag. Any suggestions this has caused great depression and I'm not sure how much longer I can feel this way
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2011, 07:58 PM
    Sleeping with your dentures in is not recommended. Your tissues need a chance to breath.
    Have you been back to where your dentures were made? They may be able to trim some of the plastic off the back of the denture. What you could do is wear them for a few hours a day and try to add a half hour longer each day.

I hope this helps a little.
    Good luck.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2011, 12:28 AM
    Also try some Anbesol, Anbesol: Pfizer Consumer Healthcare ,rub it on the back of the denture and put it in,the gag reflex is numbed for a while till you get acclimated to the new feeling.

And as flossie said, the back can be trimmed quite a bit,seek the dentist you had this done at,they know the symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does aDentist realign false teeth [ 3 Answers ]

I had Dentures made about 4 years and they don't fit good, I have to use Denture Cream at least twice a day, my question is Can I go back and have them fixed so they will stay in my mouth. Thank you Anthony

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

False teeth GAGGING too much to wear them [ 4 Answers ]

I got my dentures a month or so ago, they look and fit great the problem is that I gag SOOO bad when I try to put them I only last 15 - 20 min. Could someone PLEASE help me to be able to wear my teeth all day.

False Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

My father in law got immedupper. Dentures in April 05. He had server perio like 12mm pockets. He had a lot of bone loss and lot of his teeth were moveable. He had problems on and on and in Nov 05 he had them reline. When he left that day he said they were fine and that he could eat with them. Well...

View more questions Search