Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloe_jones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Can someone please write me a song?
    I love music and my dream is to sing, but I find it really difficult to actually get the lyrics down and create my own song, if someone could write me one, I could use that one to start me off on my own song.
    Thank you very muchhh! Please reply soooon!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2011, 12:52 PM

Why is anyone going to take the time to write a song for someone for free and not get anything out of it? No you aren't the first person to try and ask here either...

The point of writing songs is to get something in return. It does take a lot of time and effort.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 21, 2011, 02:42 PM

Chloe, song writers make multi millions of dollars a year, and hundreds of thousands of dollars per song. I really don't think you are going to find someone who will write a song for you for free as there are also copyright issues that go into songwriting.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 21, 2011, 02:50 PM

Chloe, while I don't think you'll have luck finding someone willing to write you a song for you to use for free (for the reasons cited above) I will let you in on my secret:

I love writing poetry, and I love writing music. When I have a writer's block, I pick a song I really like and substitute my own words into it. That way, I have a "poem" with a melodic feel to it, verses, a bridge, and a chorus. All you have to do from there is change the melody and music. That's what a musician will be good for.

In my band, I take my lyrics to our guitarist and show him what I have in mind, and he writes the music around it. Sometimes he has music already written that he wants me to come up with lyrics for. It's really a fun process. Do you know any other musicians or anyone who's in a band? Some local bands might be looking for a vocalist and you can check some classifieds (in the newspaper or on craigslist-just be careful of scammers, if you go for a band audition, bring a friend or parent with you).

Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2011, 04:04 PM

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Sometimes the truth may come across as rude. It doesn't mean the poster intended it that way. Please review the rules of this site.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Sometimes the truth may come across as rude. It doesn't mean the poster intended it that way. Please review the rules of this site.
    Nope... wasn't intended as rude at all. Just being very much matter-of-fact.

Songs don't write themselves... and even prolific songwriters spend a lot of time doing it. And time has value.

If your neighbor asked you to keep their car washed every week this summer... but you wouldn't be paid a dime for doing it... would they have the right to expect it? If you got snippy about it, would YOU be rude by not gleefully doing it AND mowing their grass too?
    Rainbowwarrior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 08:55 PM
    I wrote a poem yesterday about the state of the world and about choosing love and oneness. If you want the words to play with for a song, you are welcome to them... just let me know. Life isn't all take and sometimes you just got to believe in goodness to find it :-)
    chloe_jones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Comment on Rainbowwarrior's post
    Aw thanks, but it's okay, I've wrote 3 of my own songs now! But thank you very much:D
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 8, 2011, 10:34 AM

Good job, chloe! Keep up the dedication :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to write a song [ 21 Answers ]

I want to write a song about love, she went to another country and I miss her so much.

I want to write a song [ 165 Answers ]

Heyy Can any one help me write a song I want to write one for my mom but I'm not very good please help me Sam Xx:confused:

Can someone help me write a song? [ 0 Answers ]

Heyy, I have a talent show next week and I really want to perform a song that isn't famous

Can someone write me a song? [ 20 Answers ]

I have been told that I have an amazong voice, ad now I need a song to tart off with. Can anyone write me that song?

Can someone help me to write a song [ 57 Answers ]

With title "Where my heart belongs" Using these phrases... On my way to Ireland Far north of here my life's journey began Through the window of my soul A whisper of wind Something like... my heart belongs to you... (maybe) If I could hold it for a moment in time Walk along a wooded path ...

View more questions Search