Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Construction code minimum frames drywall studs?
    What are the minimum required thickness for Frames Drywall and studs, for an office building, San Diego CA?
    manhattan42 Posts: 143, Reputation: 11

Mar 21, 2011, 08:22 PM
    Not enough information to answer your question...

Tell us what the stamped and released architectural drawings require for mimimum stud width and drywall type and thickness...

Tell us if these walls need to be fire rated because they are exterior walls or are walls that encompass means of egress...
    airin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 08:38 PM
    Comment on manhattan42's post
    Thanks! we are subdividing office space... it has to be fire rated so I guess 5/8"... so the studs and frames should be of 20?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is minimum thickness for drywall on 24 inch spaced wall studs? [ 12 Answers ]

New home construction. Oakville Ontario. Architect suggests 5/8" drywall on stud spacing of 24" centers for the interior wall. Can I use 1/2"? Same question applies for ceiling drywall Trusses at 24" c-c. Can I use 1/2" gyprock? I understood that with the stronger drywall sheets now...

Mold in bathtub / shower drywall and studs, exterior wall, behind tile. [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a tile job and need some advice. I removed the old tile from a townhouse bathroom and discovered the wall to be more rotted than I had first expected. ( I knew there was a problem to begin with). It's an exterior wall and has the old "Gyproc Wool" type, papered bat insulation along...

Pipe seal broken and leaking in to my drywall and studs. [ 3 Answers ]

During heavy rains, I have noticed that my 2nd floor bathroom wall is wet at the tapecoat seem between both factory edges of the sheet rock. Directly above my bathroom is an eves. I went into the eves and noticed that an IV drip of water if following a PVC exhaust pipe. I open the wall in my...

Shower stall minimum size mass code [ 2 Answers ]

Is a 32 inch shower stall legal by mass plumbing code?

Using Wood Studs with Metal Studs [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of adding a guest room and bath in my basement. The currect wall studs are metal. I have never worked with metal stud before therefore I am wondering if I should continue with metal or can I use wood as well. The current studs look like they are 24 oc. I have to frame in a...

View more questions Search