Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aussfam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
    We turned off the main water valve to our home to replace a shutoff on the toilet. W
    When we turned the main back on the water from the hot water tap ran dark brown with a lot of sediment in it? We ran the hot water until it was out and the water continued to run brown. Is it time to replace the hot water heater?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 11:11 AM

Have you tried drain the hot water heater yet? There should be a valve located near the base. It's a good practice to drain them once a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turned off water main and when turned back on, one toilet in the house with no water [ 6 Answers ]

Plumber turned off the water main to fix a leaky pipe in the kitchen, when he finished and turned the main back on, one toilet in the house will not fill and has no water at the valve. What could the problem be?

Water Supply Main Shutoff Valve installation [ 5 Answers ]

The 2006 International Residential Code, P2903.9.1, Service Valve, States that the valve shall be of a full open type having nominal restriction to flow with provision for drainage such as a bleed orifice or installation of a separate drain valve. How are the plumbing experts handling the waste...

Old toilet 2 incoming water lines, no shutoff valve. [ 1 Answers ]

My first order of business after moving into a new house this weekend was to replace the toilet. It's an older house and there are 2 water lines feeding the toilet for a supply. There is no flexible supply line going to the toilet. It seems the only way to put in the new one without problems...

Replace main water shut off valve [ 3 Answers ]

The main water shut off valve on my side of the meter is corroded, how do I shut off the water to replace the valve and can I do it with a ball valve?

Toilet Water Supply Shutoff Valve problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is this; When I turn the toilet water supply valve I don't hear any water flow sound anymore, so the only way we can flush the toilet is to fill up a bucket with water and pour it down. Before we had the same problem but what we would have to do is turn on the faucet to the tub...

View more questions Search