Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamalyssamarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Is it safe to bleach my hair?
    I want to bleach it but I have dyed it three times in the last year, do you think it is safe?:p
    Ro0dle Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
    This would depend on what colour you have dyed it, if you have dyed it very dark then I would advise letting it fade as much as possible before you bleach it so that you don't have to bleach it numerous times. But if you have just dyed it brown colours or red or something then you should be okay to bleach it, if you have bleached it within the past year then you need to be careful and do it depending on the actual condition of your hair. Generally if your hair is very dry or not in good condition then I wouldn't advise bleaching it. I bleach my hair, from a medium brown to an almost white blonde and it is fine but I have to be careful just to bleach my roots when I redye it because if I keep putting the bleach all over my hair then it will begin to snap off at the ends and look a mess. SO it mainly depends on the condition of your hair :) hope this helped in some way :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 22, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Bleaching can damage your hair if it's not carefully done. You should consider going to a professional, they will know how to do it in a better and more safe way, so that your hair will not be damaged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My roots won't bleach! [ 2 Answers ]

I have very light bleached hair from dark brown, I got it that light from going to the salon a couple times and paying around $70-$90 per visit. Now I'm really broke and can't afford salon visits anymore, but I still want to keep my hair this light. I've tried a couple of the lightest blondes from...

Looking for safe strong skin bleach [ 42 Answers ]

I am going to go see a dermatologist, but I wanted to do some research on my own about the most effective, safest, skin-bleaching creams/treatment on the market. I plan to go several shades lighter; hence the request for the "most effective." Stella;)

My cats and bleach [ 2 Answers ]

I have three cats two are brother and sister the other is not related but they all act crazy over bleach rubbing on the washed surface licking and falling over as though in compleat heaven, its strange I thought bleach was supposed to repel cats, I avoid them coming in to contact with it too much ...

Skin bleach products on birthmarks? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if skin bleach products worked on birthmarks? I don't really want to have laser surgery and I was wondering if products like these www.whiterskin.com and www.bodybleach.com would work on a birthmark?

Can I bleach over strawberry-blonde hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everybody, A month ago I wanted to go lighter from a dark/red brown and I bleached it and then put a light brown dye over it as I knew it would go orange, but then I was told to put a pre lightener and an ash blonde in my hair and it turned a nice strawberry blonde. ...

View more questions Search