Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lesserpanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 09:48 PM
    .I am not working on OPT. Am I out of status
    I am on OPT now. My valid date is from early November, 2010 to the end of July, 2011. I am not working because I have to take care of my son. Am I out of status. What I can do to fix it. Thank you
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 20, 2011, 05:26 AM

No, you are not out of status. But you are not helping yourself in the current job market by not getting experience or other "practical training". Be sure to file for a COS well before your OPT expiration or plan on leaving the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am working on OPT status. My employer refuses to file social and medicare taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert, My employer did not know I am not suppose to pay SS and Medicare taxes. I told him 2days back and he already gave me my W2 forms. Now, Do I need to file Refund from IRS or force my employer to do it? My employer says to ask IRS because they have already issued W2. Please help me...

I am in H1b status form 2009 Oct. And my my wife is F1 with opt status. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in H1b status form 2009 Oct. and my my wife is F1 with opt status, currently working and both has W2. Can we file tax for 2009 jointly and what form should we refer for filing?

Tax calculation for student on F1(OPT) status opt H1 status. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am foreign student on F1 status doing OPT in US. I opted H1B status on October 2009. I am working with same employer from 01 Jan 09 - 30 Sep 09 on F1-OPT status. Later I continued on H1B status with same employer from 01 Oct 09. My employer has deducted FICA from my pay since 01 Jan...

Deductions for guys working on OPT status [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am an international student working as full time employee in Roswell GA on OPT. I am not still on H 1 B status. It would be a great help if you could inform me what are the taxes that are deductible from my salary. Currently there are 4 types of taxes that are being deducted from...

Reentering US with OPT from working abroad while OPT is pending [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My OPT is currently pending, my company gave me an option to work abroad until the OPT is approved. If I do work abroad while my OPT is pending, can I be guaranteed re-entry to US when my OPT is approved? Thanks!

View more questions Search