Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damnsebum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Age gaps?
    Okay so I've known this girl for a long time. When I was only eight years old I started madly crushing on her. But she was too old for me, she was eleven. And she thought I was just a kid (I guess I was, whatever). So she was pretty much like my babysitter then. I've liked her more and more over the years. I'm actually 15 now and she's nineteen. She doesn't look at me as a kid anymore. In fact, there are a lot of times where I think she's flirting with me. I feel downed by my chances thought, she's absolutely gorgeous! I know it's illegal... but that's only if I sleep with her right? What are my chances, be brutally honest because everyone I ask already is
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2011, 01:39 PM
    There's no way of telling if she likes you as I don't know either of you, its not illegal to date but it is to sleep together.

Although the age gap isn't that big in reality your still very much a young teenager, whereas she is now an adult and the maturity levels at this stage would be very very different. If on the other hand, you where both in your 20s or 30s it wouldn't be so bad.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 19, 2011, 01:44 PM
    She may flirt without it meaning anything. I really doubt that someone who is out of high school would be willing to date someone who has just started it. Enjoy the flirting and the crush but don't read anything into it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 01:53 PM

Since you two have know each other forever, she probably thinks of you like a little brother. What you consider flirting may actually be her gently teasing you.

I would bet my second child that she is not interested in you romantically.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 10:53 AM

Chance for what? Romance? I doubt it. You are to old to need a baby sitter, and to young for an adult.

In other words, FORGET IT!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age gaps [ 4 Answers ]

Is it against the law to be with someone if you are under 16 and the other person is like over 30?

Age gaps [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 my boyfriend is 19 I live in nc he lives in sc can we get in trouble

What to do about 1" gaps around dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I just purchased a new dishwasher and had it installed. It is a standard sized dishwasher but there are 1" gaps between the dishwasher and the cabinets. Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to fix this? It just doesn't look good. Can you use molding or something? Thanks!

Gaps in my resume [ 6 Answers ]

I am 53, haven't worked for over 11 years due to health problems. I still have health problems with my back and my knees do to arthritis, disc problems and spinal stenosis, which affects the nerves and causes much damage, is worsening and has affected my bladder making me use the bathroom a lot. ...

View more questions Search