Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary75001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Can an employee also work as an independent contractor for the same company.
    We have a situation where our billing people were offered the opportunity to work on their own time (not during office hours and not receiving wages)to try to collect past due accounts. They signed a contract agreeing that they would each be paid 20% of their collections and a time frame was defined. They would like to be paid as independent contractors for this project. Is this legal?

Check out some similar questions!

Both employee and independent contractor for same company? [ 6 Answers ]

We have an independent contractor that sells travel - we are a travel agency. She was just hired as an employee now... can she continue as an independent contractor and also be an employee for the same company? I don't think so but our HR department is thinking that she can.

How can an indian work as Independent contractor for US Company? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an indian citizen and a US company is willing to hire me as an Independent contractor where I have to work from India.In that case will I have to pay taxes to only Indian government or only US Government or Both? What are the channels through that I can take payments from them.Or how can I...

Employee/Independent contractor [ 7 Answers ]

I asked my employer/company the following question: How does XXXXXXXXX classify us? As Independent Contractor or Employee's? Everything that I'm reading on the IRS site points to Independent Contractor. There response was: Yes you are considered a contractor.

Independent contractor vs employee [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a debate with colleagues in the dance school industry. I clearly know the difference between an independent contractor and an employee but many still hire teachers and treat them as independent contractors. They give them set hours, a weekly, monthly or hourly salary and have other...

Both Employee and Independent Contractor... [ 13 Answers ]

How do I properly file my taxes if I worked as an Employee and an Independent Contractor at various times throughout the year?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.