Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggiebrown1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 18, 2011, 08:39 PM
    How can I change my daughter last name with her father consent?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 03:33 AM

If you have consent then go to court to change it. The only thing that will be considered is the valadation of the new name and making sure it doesn't create conflict to established record.

Normally it's a slam dunk when everyone agrees.
    maggiebrown1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
    But what about without his consent, then what am u suppose to do
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 19, 2011, 02:13 PM

Without then it is much more difficult if not impossible. Your post said with consent. So I went with that.

You would have to fight for it in court and unless there is something extrodinary then it will remain as it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get consent of a name change if you can't find the father? [ 1 Answers ]

My children are using their stepfather's last name in school. I want to legally change it. I have read here that you need consent from both parents but I I can't find their biological father. I know that he is not using his legal name because he is in the US illegally. I can't get chld support...

DO I NEED MY EX'S CONSENT to change my son's last name as his father [ 3 Answers ]

I am the biological father and I am on the bith cert. my son is 5 and does not have my last name. Can I change his alt name to mine? Do I need my ex's permission? (in the state of nh)

Travelling With My Daughter But Cannot Get A Hold Of Her Father To Sign Consent Form. [ 14 Answers ]

I am in real need of an answer... as quickly as possible. I am planning to travel to Tacoma, Washington (USA) from Toronto, Ontario (CANADA) on August 19, 2008. I have a 3-year old daughter who will be coming along with me. The only problem is, I was told I need a consent form signed by her father...

View more questions Search