Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:24 PM
    I'm obsessed with the television show "the office"
    Am I the only one?

It's so great how every episode ties into the one before. It's not a stand alone show but an ongoing show. In a way I guess like a soap opera only REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FUNNY.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Yes, you are.

The only people who watch it are mindless dumb people with nothing better to do.

By the way, did you see last Thursday's episode, what an amazing episode!
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    Yes, you are.

The only people who watch it are mindless dumb people with nothing better to do.

By the way, did you see last Thursday’s episode, what an amazing episode!
    I sure did. In fact I just watched the director's cut on YouTube which was much funnier.

The episode two weeks ago though, "traveling salesman" was out of this world hilarious.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Never watched it before!!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Joe,

It is on Global and NBC Thursdays at 8.30pm (for now... Global keeps changing their time from 8.30 to 9.30, they seem to have troubles making up their mind…I think they have settled on 8.30 for now though)
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Jesushelper, May I suggest that you get seasons 1 and 2 and watch them in order. It's kind of like a soap opera in that every thing is continuious. They make references to past shows that if you don't know what's going on might slip over you. My friend Mike watched it with me and couldn't understand what I was laughing at but once he saw them in order he really got into it.

That being said you should still pick up on most of it. In my opinion it is the funniest television show I've ever seen. I might be willing to let the Honeymooners slip in above them because they did it live with one set and the humor still holds up 60 years later. But other than that, the office is well written, well acted, and just one non stop laugh from beginning to end.

Every show has it's own special quotes. During the summer at my job we just walk around repeating quotes from the office all day. It's also very anti-PC and takes a lot of chances given today's climate. I could write about it for hours so I'll quit now but check it out and even if you don't get some of it give it a couple episodes to see get a feel for it.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 12:55 AM
    The British or American one?

They both have their good points but I think the original British one is slightly better.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    The British or American one?

They both have their good points but I think the original British one is slightly better.
    Well I like both but the British one had longer episodes about 40 minutes or so per episode so that helped because the American version is trimmed down to about 20 to 22 minutes. And as pathetic as this sounds I can't understand what they say in the British version sometimes. I mean they just speak so fast that I can't pick up on everything. The British version is though more risqué than the American version I have to admit.

But I actually like the American version better. Plus I with the British version only being 2 seasons I believe the American version was able to go places and explore longer storylines than they could in Great Britain.

Either way I love both of them. I actually saw a photo for the cast of the French version but my lack of understanding of that language will prevent me from watching it. Believe me, I'm so hooked that if I could understand French I would.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I spent a weekend watching the two seasons of the british show. Then I watched the two specials and it tied everything together so well that I left feleing that it was time well spent.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

May 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Ok I know this is an old post but I FREAKING LOVE THE OFFICE it's is BY far my favorite show and I hope it lasts 100 seasons, there is nothing better than this show, it's unbelivable!!
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Aug 31, 2009, 07:16 AM

I can't watch it on NBC, is that b.c. I am traveling outside of the States?

??
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Most likely.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 07:26 AM

I don't know what other networks it appears on outside the US. If you have TBS, which is an American cable network, they show repeats. I believe the show is in syndication now as well.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Aug 31, 2009, 07:38 AM

Ok, I am able to watch it on "fanpop" now.

:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Title of song from TV show "lost." [ 1 Answers ]

I heard a song the TV show "lost".It aired in Oct. or Nov. 2006. It was from female artist,some of the lyrics were "a little bit slower because your much to fast".It was at the into. Of the show.

Microsoft office live basics "web parts" [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to build a horse related web site using Office live basics. I've had no computer instruction except what I've been able to learn just using the computer and don't really know a lot about using a word processing program, which I gather is basically what a WYSIWYG...

American television series called "Now & Again" [ 2 Answers ]

I used to watch an american TV series called "Now & Again" with Eric Close,it was shown on granada at about 10.30/11.00pm but has not been screened for some time,I missed the start of the series and would like to see that plus the complete series,could anyone tell me if I can get this on video/dvd?...

80's kids show w/ group called "The Rockets" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been searcing the web for days for info about a kids show that was on during the 80's: All I can remember is that there was a group of kids ranging in ages who were all members of a singing group called "The Rockets"-There was a young sister and older brother and a boy named...

View more questions Search