Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C_ASCHMIDT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Computer will not boot up completely.. why?
    My avg scanner says I have a virus c:TDD.EXE trojan horse dropper. Agent.cro
    Also partition table MBR reads error and boot sector of disk reads error.
    What does this mean and how can I fix it?
    TechSupport Posts: 43, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2007, 07:35 AM
    The bad news is that your computer is infected with at least one virus. The good news is that you can fix it. All of your fixing, though, requires that your computer completely boots so that you can get on to it and do things.

Does it stop booting when you turn it on, or does it finish booting but just gives you all these weird errors?
    frost110 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 02:00 PM
    The best thing is to backup files and format. Although I have heard you can fix virus's in my experience once you get a virus/spyware it's there for life at least until you format.

Get an External HDD firewire and back it up. Harddrives are cheap now, no sense in not doing it.

--FrosT
    TechSupport Posts: 43, Reputation: 5

Oct 18, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Backing up to an external hard drive may not solve the virus problem. Some viruses will see that you've attached the external hard drive, and copy themselves to the external hard drive as well.

The solution is to be able to boot the computer into safe mode and run a competent series of anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-rootkit scanners, but the original poster never replied to my question:

Does it stop booting when you turn it on, or does it finish booting but just gives you all these weird errors?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer won't dual boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my computer not dual booting. I had windows xp installed and then I installed unbuntu linux. I don't know what went wrong but know when I start my computer it will go dirrectly and boot in linux. It won't give an option to choose windows or linux. I did not reformat...

Computer won't boot [ 11 Answers ]

I have recently been building a new system and finally purchased the cpu a few days ago. At first when I put everything together and booted it up all I got was a blank screen and the hard drive light constantly on as well as all fans spinning. So I took out the lithium battery to reset cmos and it...

HELP! My computer won't boot! [ 3 Answers ]

My computer got extreamly messed up... virus' spyware and such.. I got most of it off or what I knew was there.. except for one virse cssrs.exe and I tried to reboot to finish... and it just kept going in a cycle of 3 screens.. so I turned it off.. and now it won't turn back on. The cpu's lights...

I want to re-boot my computer [ 13 Answers ]

I really want to re-boot my computer and start fresh... any suggestions on how to re-boot it because I have no clue... :confused:

Computer will not boot up and keeps restarting itself [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and have encountered a really unfortunately problem with my hp laptop. This morning I was running a dj program and just letting it play music. I've done it countless times in thepast and has given me no problems, until today that is. It crashed. I easily noticed it...

View more questions Search