Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newcondo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 10:49 AM
    New condo problem plumbing
    Hey there,
    I purchased a new condo (renovation, top to bottom) in Aug 06 and have had a number of plumbing issues. Sewage in basement, backed up kitchen drain/food disposal, no hot water in the shower, and now a leaky bathroom sink.
    Is it usual to have issues with new plumbing or have I bought myself some problems here?

The bathroom sink is leaking at the very base of the sink. There is a rubber "washer" and then a twist to tighten directly below it. It is around this rubber area that water is leaking. Any advice?

Thanks SO much:)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2007, 07:43 AM
    If your condo came with a warranty, and it should have, then the seller must honor it. Snug up the nut under the rubber washer on the lavatory drain and see if that doesn't help. Let me know, Tom
    oldbgood Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by newcondo
    Hey there,
    I purchased a new condo (renovation, top to bottom) in Aug 06 and have had a number of plumbing issues. Sewage in basement, backed up kitchen drain/food disposal, no hot water in the shower, and now a leaky bathroom sink.
    Is it usual to have issues with new plumbing or have I bought myself some problems here?

The bathroom sink is leaking at the very base of the sink. There is a rubber "washer" and then a twist to tighten directly below it. It is around this rubber area that water is leaking. Any advice?

Thanks SO much:)
    Have a new plumber look at the problem,for the answers, than have the old plumber fit it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing backup problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have plumbing backup problem in a section of our house. About once a year it needs to be snaked. The washing machine discharge pipe, kitchen sink and guest bath sinks all backup at the same time. After it has been cleaned everything works fine. However, the new washing machine discharge flow is...

Plumbing problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have had sewage backing up into my floor drains and no one can figure out why. I have had my yard dug up twice, even though when they used a camera could see nothing wrong. When they run a camera on the inside it shows nothing wrong. At this point I am tired of paying out money trying to find the...

Help with plumbing problem [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a house I purchased and have a plumbing problem... I think. The house is 50 years old, has 2 bathrooms (1 upstairs and 1 down). The downstairs bathroom has a sewage injection pump that fills up every few toilet flushes or when the shower is running and then pumps the water up...

Plumbing Problem [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought an old house. The ceiling on the first floor bathroom is leaking. Right above thecleak is the second floor bathroom where the tub meets the wall that has the shower head. There is a continuous leak from the bath spout. There is also leak on the bath floor where te bath tub meets...

Plumbing problem [ 1 Answers ]

When the shower is turned on a stream of water comes out of the diverter. What can I do.

View more questions Search