Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SunshineGirl92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2011, 04:32 PM
    Lose weight fast
    I need to lose weight fast! I am over weight and hate it have went up two dress sizes and I have a wedding and a trip to Spain, I need to start losing weight but I don't know now. I went on a low calorie diet and that never helped. I even starting doing too much exercise but I never saw no improvement. I am only 18 and I feel like a fat pig, myself a steam has went down when I noticed guys were going for the more thinner girls than the curve ones. I used to be skinny until depression hit me but I seam as it is unfair can someone please help me I am think about being sick after every meal just so I see improvement in my body weight.

I don't know what to do??
    HonestLies Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 08:10 PM
    First off, making yourself sick just because you're worried of your weight is definitely and absolutely NOT the way to go.

Second, your depression and confidence are the issue here. To make things clear - if people don't accept you the way you are - they're not your real friends. You need positive and happy people around you - this will also encourage your mindset.

Now, what is the ideal figure you're aiming for? Find a picture with a figure you would reasonably like to look like (no one likes a rake, decent men like something to hold on to). Now, everyday you should start your day with deep breaths... blow out all of your air, breath in for 5 seconds, hold it, then breath out for 10 seconds. Breath in for 10 seconds, breath out for 15 seconds. Now make sure you never push yourself, once you do that process 3 times, take a break and breath normally and start again, with later confidence, increase the time. This will strengthen your Diaphragm (bottom of your lungs) allowing more oxygen to flow to your brain and blood system.

Now that you've got that sorted... while you're doing this VISUALIZE yourself losing weight... see yourself as that picture of the figure you want to be. BELIEVE in yourself! By doing so this is a mindset that will build your confidence and determination to be what you want to be. It's very, very easy to become lazy in front of the TV or the computer - please ration your time! This is one of the main reasons people are gaining weight.

Next! Have a set of exercises - these should be balanced! Sit ups, skipping rope, jogging, squats, lunges, step ups, hip extensions and biking should be something to consider. When exercising it is important not to push yourself, go at the pace which is comfortable to you - but be sure to give yourself a little nudge when you believe you can do more. All of these need to be balanced exercises, ration it throughout the day basically. Exercising in the morning is a great way to wake yourself up and start the day fresh and energised. Again, while doing things like this you really do need to encourage yourself - so always do what you can by visualising yourself achieving these exercises, telling yourself you WILL do 20 sit ups today. Things like this can seriously improve your lifestyle in a way that will bring out the confidence you never knew you had.

Don't feel discouraged if the boys aren't going after you right now - I wasn't much of a looker at your age and I had quite a weight problem (this was only a few years ago). I was bullied often and felt like my world was slowly shrinking as if I was nothing. But I never knew back then just how UNimportant those rude people are to me! They're in my past for a reason. Know that life will get better, and always encourage yourself. Because you are who you are no matter what you look like; and you are amazing! Never lose doubt. :)

Have a thought to yourself for a moment and think... These boys are going after those girls only because of their looks, it really is the personality that matters. I'm sure your personality is brilliant and you should never lose yourself to the popular kids. I never appreciated school and I missed a lot of valuable education because I was so caught up wondering why I couldn't become popular like them. But you know, I had a great set of friends who were just as wacky as me - and THEY accepted me for who I am. That's what you need around you - so you always know who your true friends are.

Again - NEVER lose yourself! Always encourage yourself and VISUALISE your success!

Rant over! Haha whew!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask. :)

- Missy
    catcrazy567 Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2011, 11:07 AM
    I am going through this same situation. I am 15 and feel so fat every time I look down at my stomach it makes my disgusted to see my fat. I did develop a small eating disorder and it did help me lose weight. But I am not telling you to become consumed by a eating disorder. You need to find a happy medium. You should research on a pro ana website. There are studies on anerorixe lifestlye. Not having an eating disorder but controlling your calorie intake and portion control. You can eat that ice cream but just eat a small scoop of ice cream. And drink a lot of perriment tea cause it helps curb your hunger. Drink a lot of water, just make sure to watch what you eat and do something active every day and tell someone that your trying to lose weigth so they can make sure you don't go overboard. I hope this helps. Believe me everyone has that part of their body that they hate. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lose weight fast? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm almost 13 and I really need to lose weight fast. I'm not stupid so please don't say "weight management is a complicated thing, you can't lose weight in a very short period of time." I already know about that, I'm just asking for some simple exercise to get rid of the flab on my stomach.

How do I lose weight fast? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a girl and my body some times has problems chagning and I have a hard time dieting how do I lose weight and keep it off. How can I adapt to a new life style?

How can I lose weight fast? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I lose weight real quick I'm getting married in like 4 months?

Lose weight fast [ 1 Answers ]

You know, why is it in the gym... everyone that goes looks as if they shouldn't be there, all these lean and buff people. Well... it doesn't matter because at the end of the day whatever you look like, even attending classe, or your local gym shows that you take pride in your body, take pride in...

View more questions Search