Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannah678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Fingernail fungus?
    The area around my thumb fingernail is green and swollen. What is it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 16, 2011, 01:59 PM

Stop touching it, stop picking your finger and go see your doctor. Yes, it does sound like a fungus and that can spread to other parts of your body from your hands. You can't be a very clean person to have this. Start washing your hands more often, use an anti bacterial topical lotion.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fingernail moons [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 53 year old female and I noticed about 6 months ago that I do not have moons on my fingernails anymore... only small ones on my thumbs. I always had good sized moons on my nails until then. What does this mean?

What do fingernail moons mean [ 1 Answers ]

My nails have moons, however the lower part of the moon on some of them are redish. What does this mean?

Broke off my fingernail [ 1 Answers ]

Like a week ago I hit my finger on something and the nail cracked the whole way through the bottom horizontally and I kept playing with it until the bottom half came off (to where it bled a little) and the top half is fine. So I cut the dead nail off as far as I could to the cuticle and put a band...

Fingernail problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my son has a promblem with his pinkie fingernail he says its hurting he also has a promblem of biting his nails real short I don't think it's a ingrown nail but I don't know there's not a enough nail there for that to happen the nail doesn't look any different than the others than I can tell...

Fingernail Growth [ 2 Answers ]

How do I make my fingernails grow really really fast (or faster) in time for christmas?

View more questions Search