Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pop000 Posts: 352, Reputation: 6

Mar 16, 2011, 05:03 AM
    Valence electron
    I asked to find the number of Valence electron in Bismuth so my answer is 5. yes?

And 1 more question is I need to find the number of electrons in 4th level of Au
    So is will be 32? Because if we look on Au in the 4th level so there 2 electrons in 4s 6 electrons in 4p 10 electrons in 4d and 14 electrons in 4f

Do I correct in my answers ?

Thanks.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2011, 07:34 AM

I would say yes :)

Mar 16, 2011, 07:45 AM
    hi.
    thank you for answer.
    so if I asked to find the number of Atomic orbital of: principal quantum number(n) and the orbital Angular momentum quantum number (L) of the orbital 2s

tell me if I correct n=2 and the Angular momentum L=0 ?

and in the orbital 6f n=6? And L=3?

thanks.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2011, 08:00 AM

Sorry, this time it's really beyond me :(

Mar 16, 2011, 08:47 AM
    Comment on Unknown008's post
    :) that OK still thank you for all your help.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Mar 17, 2011, 08:53 PM
    hi.
    thank you for answer.
    so if i asked to find the number of Atomic orbital of: principal quantum number(n) and the orbital Angular momentum quantum number (L) of the orbital 2s

tell me if i correct n=2 and the Angular momentum L=0 ?

and in the orbital 6f n=6? And L=3?

thanks.
    Pop, your answers are correct, but be careful. The azimuthal quantum number (also known as the orbital angular momentum quantum number) is usually denoted with a small cursive . Capital L is usually reserved for the angular momentum, itself (or the orbital angular momentum operator in Schrodinger's wave equation), not the quantum number.

Mar 18, 2011, 01:40 AM
    Comment on jcaron2's post
    yes truth I mean L=l.
    thank you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many valence are used to make pi bonds in ethyl acetate . A.8 b.13 c.2 d.26 [ 9 Answers ]

Answer. a.8 b.13 c.2 d.26 How many of the valence electrons are used to make sigma bonds? a.8 b.13 c.2 d.26

Electron and Nucleus [ 2 Answers ]

Why the electron is located out of the Nucleus ? Is that because it's so little comparing to the proton , which make it, go fast and fast around the Nucleus because of it's size ? Or there is another reason at all..

Valence Shell [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following elements has 5 electrons in the valence (outer) shell? A) C B) B C) S D) F E) P

Valence/oxidation states of elements and radicals. [ 4 Answers ]

The key to understanding and being prooficient at chemical reactions is knowing your ox-states and valences. However I'm halfway there. There are something I need to work on. When trying to determine the ox-state of a compound that contains oxygen, for example PO4, how would you find the...

Valence bond theory [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please explain the valence bond theory and are there any other bonding theories to explain how a bond is formed Thanks for any help :)

View more questions Search