Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerrysapd5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Coleman LP Gas Furnace
    I salvaged a Coleman (model # 7975a856) Heat and Air unit from an old trailer. I got rid of the air portion with the intention of using it to heat my shop. It has four wires that ran to the old thermostat. (I don’t have the old thermostat.) They are red, white, green and blue. I do not know what the blue wire does. When I turn the furnace on… the burner will kick on and start to burn. I have found that it should take 90 to 150 seconds for the fan to kick on. The fan does not start automatically. I can turn the fan to the on position from my thermostat and it runs fine. I assume that it is the upper temperature limit switch is not working. I don’t want to replace it if the blue wire should be kicking the fan on. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Rule of thumb R- red wire 24 volt from transformer, G- green wire blower circuit, W- white wire heat circuit. The blue wire may have been the cooling circuit. Tie the red to the green this should bring the blower on. Tie the red,white,green this should bring the heat on with the blower.
    jerrysapd5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 05:31 AM
    This works. I was not sure why the fan was not coming on in auto. I am still working on it.

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman gas furnace trouble [ 6 Answers ]

Coleman gas funace, model #7680C856 for mobile home worked great last year but since cold season hit, can't keep home warm (especially at night where it has been as low as 50 degrees). Thought it might be the thermostat so replaced that with new one but same thing. Thermostat clicks, burners...

Coleman Mobile Home LP Gas Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Coleman 7900 Series LP gas furnace in a 1988 mobile home that is used as a weekend cottage. During the winter, the furnace works fine when we are in the home and the thermostat is set to 68. When we leave, the thermostast is lowered to 45. When we return 1 to 2 weeks later, the furnace is...

Coleman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace is kicking on and off. Then it'll kick, but not go further to turn on the blower and heat? Do you think control issue or booster assembly>

Coleman gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I was having problems with my gas furnace. I replaced the ignitor which failed but it seems the ignition control may be locked out. Can they be unlocked or do they have to be replaced?I notice there is no power coming out of the ignition module to fire the ignitor. Any thoughts would be...

Coleman gas furnace won't stay on [ 3 Answers ]

Coleman gas furnace Model 7665-856, about 25 years old. Regulator and thermalcoupling and thermostat all replaced within last two or three years. Problem appears same as "THISAWAY" asked about 11/25/06. Furnace blows for about 45 seconds then shuts off. Burner appears to stay on when blower stops....

View more questions Search