Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalejung09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 09:09 PM
    I'm still virgin and I had a plan to have a sex with my boy friend and I'm anxious.
    I'm still virgin and I had a plan to have a sex with my boy friend and I'm anxious and afraid of getting pregnant, what is the best way to do?
    NukeNC Posts: 80, Reputation: 43

Mar 15, 2011, 09:18 PM

Use a condom and if you want to be extra careful go on birth control. You might have to wait a little longer, but better to be covered on both ends.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 09:39 PM

Get all the information you can about avoiding pregnancy. But the fact is no matter what you use, its not 100% effective.

Abstinence is the only 100% birth control known to mankind. Quite a dilemma isn't it? How old are you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 10:40 PM

You should be afraid of getting pregnant. Even if you use every birth control method out there, at the same time, and correctly, the chance of getting pregnant is still there.

If you're not ready to have a child, you shouldn't have sex. If you have sex, you have to know that every time you do, pregnancy is a possibility. Makes enjoying it kind of hard, doesn't it?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2011, 11:44 PM

Sweetie, if you are having those feelings and fears then you are nowhere near ready to do this. You need to educate yourself further with regards to sex, love, disease & pregnancy. Do you have anyone close to you (adult) who you can share your thoughts and fears with? Is there a guidance counselor at school or a teacher you really trust? Can you talk to your parents, grandparents or an aunt/uncle?

At any rate, the previous advice is very good. You MUST protect yourself against disease and pregnancy and you should not have sex unless you are prepared to emotionally, physically and financially be responsible for a baby/child - possibly one with problems. Realize that teen pregnancy often results in a low birth weight delivery with physical, mental and emotional problems and a low income single parent home. Not to mention that you will increase your risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases AND, most importantly, increase your risk of cervical cancer. Please take more time to learn about these things and be sure this is really what you want. It's not just your life at stake, but your boyfriend's, both of your families, and potentially your yet-unborn child's. Take your time to make sure you are doing the right thing. I always say 'When in doubt - DON'T!'

You have a lot of living ahead of you. I hope you don't ruin it by making a decision that can hurt you (and others) the rest of your life. I know of what I write... I was there many, many years ago. It affects your life forever. Be sure you are ready for that!

Hugs, Didi
    Pets Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 11:51 PM

Didi, you are wonderful. Your advice is so heart felt, so kind, and right on the money.

I had to spread the rep, but I agree 100%. Sadly I see so many of these threads each day that I think I've lost that personal touch, and just go for the facts. I'm glad you came along to give it that personal aspect. :)
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2011, 11:57 PM

Thank you, Altenweg. I don't think you have lost your personal touch at all, by the way. :) I have lived through many things and I want to share that with others. I hope the original poster, and others like her, doesn't have to go through 1/2 of what I did in life. I speak from my heart... and I know that you do as well.

Warm hugs, Didi
    Pets Expert

Mar 16, 2011, 12:02 AM

Thanks Didi. That's what I love about this site, so many different people, all with many different experiences, trying to help others.

There are times I'm grumpy and could be nicer, but I think everyone has those days. Reading your post really made me remember why I'm here, why I post. I thank you for that. :)

By the way, you can call me Alty, it's much easier. :)

Now, before I get in trouble for hijacking this thread, I just wanted to say that I think you're great. See you on the boards. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2011, 03:55 AM

How old are you? How long have you been with your boyfriend? I've said it before. NO ONE should engage in sexual intercourse until they are physically, emotionally and financially prepared to have a child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too anxious embarrassed and ashamed to enjoy sex? [ 9 Answers ]

I've been having sex for 4 years now, two years with my current boyfriend, and it is always terribly unsatisfying. Sex is always something that makes me feel dirty and disgusting and ashamed and I can't shake it. It stresses me out immensely and I have cried several times from the stress/anxiety...

Help my best friends boy friend wants to have sex with a virgin and she's not one so [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so my best friends boy friend was a virgin when they had sex. Rite and she wasent because a week before she meet him she lost it to this other guy. And she feels bad because she knows she shouldn't have don't it wit the other guy(old bf) because if she would have wated a week she could have...

Is my boy friend gay. Cheating to not want to have sex anymore? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years at the end of this month we've only just started having sex 5 months ago and we've done it a lot when we first started but now its been over a month and we haven't had sex I try to start it and he pushes away and says he's to tired that's the only...

My boy friends a virgin [ 12 Answers ]

:confused: Im seeing this wonderful guy and everything is going well but in the back of my mind I can't help but to doubt our relationship lasting because I am his first, he has'nt really even been with anyone seriously but me.Any advise?? -ladylove

View more questions Search