Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kewlwhip21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2003, 07:13 PM
    Scrwed up??
    Okay well I've been going out with this guy for almost more than two moths and we've been doing pretty good.. this week I went home for break and his best firend was telling me that he might be cheating on me and playing with my emotions... his friedn has a thing for me and has commented to me that its "too bad that i'm not single" I'm not sure who to believe... I want to trust my boyfriend. But this week we haven't talked as much which is unsal.. althogh I've havn;t been around as much and I'm home for thanksgivings... anyway I want to tell him about about what his friend is doing.. cause its very frustrating... and I'm tired of hearing about it... I just don't want to ruin a friendship... anyway I accidentally signed on on another screenname and noticed my boyfriend was online... but not on my usually screenname.. I I'm him and he signed off.. so I let my emotions take the best of me and called him and accused him on cheating on me and lying to me... which he says he didn't and I believe him... the thing is I feel bad cause I just straight accused him and didn't even give him a chance to understand... I eventually told him that his best friend was telling me this stuff and that he does have a thing for me... but he seemed more mad at me than his friend cause I accused him and should have trusted him---which I do/did... but its just so annoyin ghearing something you don't want to hear... anyway my question is is there anything I can do: I mean right now I odnt think he wants to talk to me... and how can I make him see that I do trust him.. but was just frusterated and let my emotions run me? Right now I'm thinking our relationship is over just because I honestlly cannot see hwy he would go out with me if I accused hiom of cheating... wha tdo you guys think... also what should I do about his best friend? Who is telling the truth? And was it a mistake by telling him that his friend was telling me the stuff?  he seemed pretty confused when I talked to him... so maybe... I just feel really bad my main question is did I screw up our realationship?? cause we've been doing really good and then I just accused him on the phone... do you think he'll understand my side of it?

Thanks,
    Hopeless
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2003, 03:40 PM
    Re: scrwed up??
    Firstly I think you should definitely talk to him in person about this, rather than on the internet or on the phone. It just makes it easier and you can both see how each other are feeling when certain things are being said.

I can understand it's hard for you to trust him when people are telling you other things. But after all he is your boyfriend and you should be trusting his word over his friends word (Although it would be a different matter if it was your friend telling you this).

I doubt your boyrfriends friend would try and break you two up. He shouldn't even consider doing that to his friend, and I'm sure you wouldn't just break up with your boyfriend one day and go out with his friend the next. So, you need to make it totally clear to the friend that it's your boyfriend you want to be with and that he hasn't got a chance. You could do this by saying how much you like your boyfriend whenever his friend says things like "Too bad you're not single". This should give him the hint.

If you don't trust you boyfriend then this relationship is not going to work. You have to fully trust him in order for it to be strong. He also has to do the same with you. So you need to think really hard whether he'd actually do something, like cheat on you, which could cause the relationship to break up. Think about this: Is he often flirtatious with other women? Is he secretive? Has he cheated on past girlfriends? Do you think he would cheat on you? Does his mind seem elsewhere when he's with you? If you answer yes to all these questions then you need to have a serious think about where this relationship is going.

By the sounds of it, he might not be cheating. Sit him down and seriously talk to him about it. Tell him it isn't that you don't trust him, you're just worried you're going to loose him. Let him know you really care about him and that is why you're so worried about this.

I hope everything gets sorted out.

:)
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2004, 08:37 AM
    Re: scrwed up??
    Hi

If you cannot have full trust in your b/f then maybe you should rethink your relationship.

A good relationship should be that your b/f is your best friend and confidant. If this does not exist drop it.

Maybe you b/f's friend is trying to break you up for his own selfish motives, becareful out there this world is full of weirdos. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search