Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Midwyfe67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 07:08 PM
    Question about Social Worker & DCF
    This is a rather strange question,and not sure where to post this... and rather in-depth. The brief of it all, is that we were on a waiting list for 2 years for my daughter (11 now) to see a therapist, we were not told that the social worker that we would be seeing just got her license the day that we started seeing her, and after 2 visits with her, the clinic called DCF on us, for a body odor issue with my daughter. This got screened out by DCF. With consistent phone calls from me, and emails (which I have copies of) never was this brought up as a possible problem. We were never permitted into any session with our daughter. After 2 more visits with this social worker she called yet again to DCF, this time making up lies in her mandated report to DCF (which we have written statements of, from the other people that she has quoted). Now we have asked for her full medical records from this social worker, and we were not been given access to all of the, as there are so many holes in these, as well as there being some pages typed and some handwritten, all of the signatures are not the same, there are clearly whiteouts on the pages, there is not treatment page, as a plan of action, how she can help my daughter. In her notes she quotes 3 professionals that see my daughter, and these three people, do not agree with what it is that she had stated or quoted that she has said about them. I have letter from those providers stating that they did not say this. How do I handle this outside of complaining to the Department of Professional Regulations.

Now, I have the other aspect of this question... regarding DCF... because she has made 2 calls to them they felt that it was their duty to take them quite seriously the second time around, and try to open a case, yet in the state in which I reside there is something called a differential response and only opened this for concerns. Well, sigh, to try and take the seriousness off this a bit, we yet again got a newbie, (finished her training in November as well), and yet again made false statements in her 51B report, which again we have supported signed letters stating this. Signed by the providers that she states that she spoke with, and the providers including her school teacher that she sees everyday, who does not see a problem with my child. After receiving the 51B, and obtaining all of these letters, we have put a stop of this assessment, since it is considered to be voluntary, and contacted the area director, who does not have a concern for our family when contacted and explained about the supporting letters that we have in our possession, and agreed to close the case. What can be done, about DCF lying in their 51B's reports, which are for the most part subjective, since I have found out that these investigators are taught how to do theme writing and carry this through to all collaterals that they contact.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2011, 05:38 AM

Hello M:

I think withdrawing your daughter is the best thing... You're not going to get anywhere trying to sue a state agency - unless you have lots of money for a lawyer. And, you don't, of course. That's why you're dealing with the state in the first place.

excon
    Midwyfe67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 12:54 PM
    Withdrew my daughter from her care after I found out about all of this... She first made a report after seeing my daughter twice, which got screened out... and then called again after seeing her 4 times.. this is just crazy... She is now seeing another counselor... and yes I am actually thinking about hiring an attorney.. because I am in school now to become a Social Worker.. and I cannot have things like this on my record or it will disqualify me from obtaining my license. Well technically, will only stop me from working with children. What I really want is for them just to remove from their record the lies that they posted in "FamilyNET".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a ex felon in California be a social worker? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been off parole since 2002... I was a N number and am in college for social worker. The college said I need to clear my record or find my on job for my work experience

I have a felony, can I go to college and become a social worker [ 1 Answers ]

Upon my search for starting a career in social work, I learned that to become a clinical social worker you have to be licensed for the state of NC. I have a felony on my record (conspiracy) is it possible for me to accomplish this goal? If so what other careers can I pursue?

My social worker [ 6 Answers ]

I have just found my couisins and been talking to them for some time I visited my social worker about a month ago and let her read the conversations there were stuff in there that wasn't true I really would like a cell phone except for now since I did that I have to think of ways to regain trust...

Social worker college time [ 2 Answers ]

If I wanted to be a social worker, how many years of college would I need? And what kind of classes would I have to take?

View more questions Search