Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dixie8487 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 11:41 AM
    . Is there any way I can fight this?
    I have been at my job for almost four months. I am on a no hire list in georgia(same franchise). They new this when they hired me. Now today is my last day. They are firing me because of it. Can I fight it and what can I do about it
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2011, 12:24 PM

Is Georgia a "Right to work" state? As a sales person you are almost certainly hired "At will"... they really don't need a reason to get rid of you. In fact 4 months is nothing. If you told a falsehood on the application it might take that long to turn up. Just because you did get hired wasn't a guarantee of a job for life.

You say... "They KNEW this".

I will beg to differ, and that it just took time for it to make it through the HR depts and get to where it is.

Look for a new job. You stand next to no chance of fighting this... and that's an effort you NEED to find a new job.

Besides.. drag your employer into court... even if you win... you lose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I learn to fight someone back if I've never been in a fight? [ 4 Answers ]

Well a girl's boyfriend flirts with me a little and it pisses her off. So to get attention she says I'm trying to steal him from her (how pathetic, right?) at first I ignored her b.s. but when she started putting my friends against me she crossed the line. She keeps saying she will knock me out but...

Had fight with my boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had a fight list night and I do not know what to think now. We went out, had some drink, I had a bit too much. I began the fight (I'm talking about verbal fight only!) because I didn't like how he named me in his phonebook. It was my name and the word gobbler next to it. I'm not...

All we do is fight [ 6 Answers ]

OK my name is rob I have a year old daughter and my and my girlfriend just fight all the time she is not happy and I am not either but we do want it too work if any one has any in put please I need help with this one and this is the only way I know how without talking to any one I know just feel...

Why not to fight? [ 8 Answers ]

I had read a number of threads here and notice one thing: no one giving advice to fight for love in case if one of the couple is not in love. Almost all advices is about to left this person alone and find another one. I'm not saying this is bad. But I'm interested why is this? Is it just an economy...

He want to fight me. Again [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a sophomore in high school. There is this kid that wants to fight me but I don't not want to fight him. When I was in middle school in the 8th grade him and I had fought because he was kept picking on me so I got tired one day and punched it got me suspended. So now he just got transferred...

View more questions Search