Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    six6one Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do not send money. It is a SCAM.
    I already sent a money and I already received my prepared documents with PIN from foreign labor office.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by six6one View Post
    I already sent a money and i already received my prepared documents with PIN from foreign labor office.
    Now what are you supposed to do?

May 17, 2011, 07:08 PM

I don't know but those documents are already sent to Slainte Technologies, that's my employer written in my motivation letter but I still waiting for their response.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by six6one View Post
    I don't know but those documents are already sent to Slainte Technologies, that's my employer written in my motivation letter but i still waiting for their response.
    How long have you been waiting?

If you are asked to send more money to expedite the process, will you do that?

May 17, 2011, 07:44 PM
    How long have you been waiting?

If you are asked to send more money to expedite the process, will you do that?
    The recruitment agency told me to wait from 2 weeks to 1.5 months and inform them immediately after I got an answer from my employer via email or letter,actually my recruitment agency emailed me last week and now I read this thread and I got confused, that's why I email the customer service of my employing company (Slainte Technologies) to verify if their HR department got my documents. If they don't give an answer I think I get scammed by those recruitment agency.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 08:39 PM

Did you originally apply for the job? Or did you receive an email that there is a job and you are a good fit for it?

May 17, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Did you originally apply or the job? Or did you receive an email that there is a job and you are a good fit for it?
    I search the net for admin assistant position and when I got 1 that is fit to my skills and also for me I send my resume to APPLY link and then after a week the recruitment agency contacted me and schedule me an online interview but I did not able to attend that interview so they send me an written interview and after a couple of weeks after I send my written interview they emailed me again and they told me that I am passed and rate OK to my employer and they are requesting me to prepare the needed documents of my employer (CV, motivation letter with PIN in foreign labor office and working permit. Note: they give me a copy of working permit and I need to fill the part 2 only) but they give me only 1 week deadline and a choice whether I prepare this documents on myself or I request an assistance to process the needed documents. I don't know where should I get the PIN in foreign labor office so I decided to contact the Translation Company to get this PIN and after I send my payment (33Euro) I got those documents in one working day and I send those documents to my employer and now I am still waiting for the mail of my employer. That's the story and until now I am still confused if I get scammed or not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 09:04 PM

Do you still have the link, or know what it is?

Where would this job be? In which country?

May 17, 2011, 10:27 PM
    Do you still have the link, or know what it is?

Where would this job be? In which country?
    This is the address of my employer which is the recruitment agency gave me and I placed this address in my Motivation Letter.

Slainte Technologies.
    Suite 22 The Cubes Offices,
    Beacon South Quarter,
    Sandyford,
    Dublin 18.
    Ireland

And I verify that this is a true company when I search this in the net and also I found its exact location.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 10:46 PM

But what was the web site you used to apply?

NEVER pay money to get a job. Any PIN should be FREE.

May 17, 2011, 11:20 PM
    But what was the web site you used to apply?

NEVER pay money to get a job. Any PIN should be FREE.
    Actually I really don't know if this link is real http://www.bestjobsalary.co.uk :confused:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 11:34 PM

There's no information about who the site owners are. It looks suspicious and phony.

Why would a London restaurant (or Dublin office) post a low-paying job on the Internet and try to attract someone half a world away, when potential employees are living within five miles?

I Googled the site name to find out more about it. This is one review --

100% scam.

There is no job.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses and will demand you pay for made-up fees, in cash, and only by Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

As you know, whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
    1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

Source(s):
    http://scam.com
    http://scamwarners.com
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 11:42 PM

Also found when Googling that site name --

That company has already been exposed as a scam many times on scambusting sites including Fraudwatchers, Complaintsboard, Bizclaims, Scamwarners, CyberCrimeOps, etc.
    http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/show…
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complai…
    http://www.bizclaims.com/Company/bestjob…
    http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtop…
    http://www.cybercrimeops.com/forums/show…
    are just a few examples.

They also operate under other reported names - Centrum, Brightcove, Daystar, Jobs777, Best Jobs London, Euro Jobs Team, EuroSalary, Work Abroad, European Placement Team, Paladin Media, EuroEmployment, etc, etc - the name seems to change every time one name is exposed on enough scam boards - none of which are registered businesses in the UK or listed on the Home Office Register of Sponsors - the ONLY companies authorised to offer work to non-EU workers

Besides, with the new immigration law changes you cannot be sponsored for a job in the UK unless you have a Masters or PhD and the occupation is on the Skills Shortage list (mainly hard sciences and surgical specialties) and you are flown to the UK for a face to face intensive interview process.

DO NOT send any personal information or money for ANY reason. Report the post to the site where they advertised to get it removed before others fall victim. This is nothing but an attempt to get you to send money for nonexistent visa fees and to steal your identity.

AND --

There is NO such thing as a Personal Foreign Identification Number in Ireland - it does not exist. You have a PPS number and this does not cost anything. You have to apply for it IN PERSON once you are in Ireland, this cannot be done until you appear in person at your local Social Welfare Office.

You can't get an employer without a face to face interview WITH the employer - a recruitment agency does not hire you. They are only an introduction and you meet with the real employer. it's against the law to withhold the employer's name from you - a recruitment agency cannot employ you, only the employer can. And an employer cannot employ you if they have never even interviewed you.

You do not pay a fee for anything with a legal recruitment agency - the employers pay ALL fees.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 17, 2011, 11:54 PM
    To continue with Wondergirl's excellent post, this is covered in the board sticky: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/job-hu...ce-566863.html

Also a simple Whois search reveals that this site is recently registered to an address that does NOT exist:

Quote Originally Posted by Whois
    Domain name:
    bestjobsalary.co.uk

Registrant:
    Jordan Spasow

Registrant type:
    UK Limited Company, (Company number: 7186788)

Registrant's address:
    SUITE B 29 HARLEY STREET
    LONDON
    LONDON
    W1G 9QR
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    EVOHOSTING Ltd t/a Evohosting Ltd [Tag = EVOHOSTING]
    URL: http://www.evohosting.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 24-Jan-2011
    Renewal date: 24-Jan-2013
    Last updated: 24-Jan-2011

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns57.3v0.net
    ns58.3v0.net

May 17, 2011, 11:58 PM

Now I know I get scammed. Thank you for this information...
    odysseus duites Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 07:32 AM

Can someone answer the question posted? I'm also interested in knowing how to get a personal identificetion number.. tnx.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus duites View Post
    can someone answer the question posted? im also interested in knowing how to get a personal identificetion number.. tnx.
    Have you read the posts in this thread?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:34 AM
    can someone answer the question posted?
    Um, we did.
    I'm also interested in knowing how to get a personal identificetion number.. tnx.
    You cannot. It's a scam.
    odysseus duites Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 07:47 AM

I just read.. so all the job offers in that site are all scams?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:49 AM
    i just read.. so all the job offers in that site are all scams?
    Yes, on that site and on many others (a list is available in the sticky and in this thread).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Registration number from the foreign work force office? [ 12 Answers ]

Haw I can have a registration number from the foreign work force office? Habib Adel Thank you to give me some helps

Personal registraction number from the foreign work force office [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir.. I need my personal registraction number from the foreign work force office

View more questions Search