Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davedziados Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 08:58 AM
    How to set up trucking files?
    Hello I have the trucks I have authority usdot#and mc number what I need to know now is can anyone help me find the info on how to run the office correctly I need to know about record keeping as in drug and medical programs and your basic office paperwork.driver files and so on can anyone tell me what I need to keep me compliant with dot regulations or at least maybe where I can find the info.ive looked everywhere I could think of to find regulations for office files and records but I can't find any guide lines to help me out.
    I am legal to roll now in every way but I just don't know how to set up my office or what files I need and records I need to keep in the office.any help would be great thank you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 09:04 AM

That is a big undertaking, dave. We are all volunteers here and I don't think anyone would have time to devote to 'setting up an office' properly. Your best bet is to hire a girl who is compliant and knowledgeable with office set up; someone intelligent enough to get you going, work on the phone to get the information you want and need to roll.

Suggest you start interviewing to accomplish this; or put an ad in the paper. Better yet, call a temp service, or a placement agency and tell them what you want and need in someone with administrative skills.

Tick

Mar 14, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Hi tickle thank you for responding yes its driving me nuts! I've been a driver for 21 years I thought I knew it all.big shocker but I don't know it all.yes I do need a person in the office any suggestions lol.but right now I'm just trying to find out basically what files I need to keep in the office.right now I'm working on drug and alcohol program and physicals now I need to worry about ifta irp ucr on and on I never knew it was so intence! thank you for responding again tick... dave

Mar 14, 2011, 09:31 AM
    Oh and tick as I find this information I will try to post it as I find it for anyone else that needs the info
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by davedziados View Post
    oh and tick as i find this information i will try to post it as i find it for anyone else that needs the info

That's a super idea, dave ! I am sure it will be appreciated. In fact you could stick around and post all the time on your progress. That would be helpful too.

Tick

Mar 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
    Ill sure do that I've just started a physical and drug and alcohol program sending the drivers tomorrow for that it was pretty easy.now I'm working on ifta I sent for the application and got it from fmcas.gov/ifta they faxed me the application I just have to fill it out and fax it back ill have my ifta stickers in about a week.ill keep you posted on the rest.ill keep all of the websites and info and then when I'm done ill just post them all at once it may not be the best but at least people will have some sort of idea what to do.im learning as I go.

Mar 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
    I guess the hardest part I'm having is finding the information that helps you set up the office after you have done everything else.I thought wow I have the equipment the permits and all of authority and the rest that goes with it now I'm in business!! Boy was I wrong that was the easy partlol.the office stuff is insane!! thank you again tick if nothing else its nice to have someone to cry too lol.
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davedziados View Post
    i guess the hardest part im having is finding the information that helps you set up the office after you have done everything else.i thought wow i have the equipment the permits and and all of authority and the rest that goes with it now im in buisness!!! boy was i wrong that was the easy partlol.the office stuff is insane!!!.thank you again tick if nothing else its nice to have someone to cry too lol.
    Use my shoulder any time dave. Look for a good girl to set up your office; one with experience. You will need someone there eventually, any way. Or my suggestion about part time staffing, like Kelly Girl. You phone them and tell them the kind of temp you want and what she has to do and they will hopefully send someone who knows. Best part, is they pay her an hourly figure and then bill you. So you don't have to worry about a temp's payroll.

Good luck
    PoorBoys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Hi Dave, I'm having the same problem. Hopefully we can come up with a solution. I am currently trying the advice of hiring a temp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After erase the files in cd=rw I copy some small files but cd is full for that files [ 1 Answers ]

after erase the files in cd=rw I copy some small files but cd is full for that files what is the problem here how can I solve that please help me

How to convert rar files over to playable DVD files? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to convert rar files over to dvd files. I can't seem to find any software that will allow me to convert. Need help... Thanks...

Convert garmin files to esri .shp files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a file conversion utility to conver garmin track/ waypoint files to ESRI .shp files or ESRI .shp to Garmin format

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search