Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickjr Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 13, 2011, 10:17 PM
    Nursing jobs, and a dismissed domestic violence charge.
    I am 22years old I am in nursing school, when I was 19 Iwas arrested for assult on a female and assult with a deadly weapon, the charges were dismissed after I got a pray for judgment in North Carolina. I have talked to the nursing board and they will give me a lincence, but I am not sure if I will be able to get a job. I have heard that no employer will touch me with them charges against me even if they were dismissed. My question is should I finish nursing school or try to get into another field, and will a employer hold this against me.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 10:30 PM

How is a prospective employer going to find out about it?

Mar 14, 2011, 07:32 AM
    A dismissed charge in North Carolina still will show up on a back ground check
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    How is a prospective employer going to find out about it?
    You would be surprised how deep a facility goes back to check. I was checked for the past 20 years. They had every address I've ever lived at from the date I was issued a social security card.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 07:35 AM

Nickjr, I'm sorry to say that most likely any reputable facility will not hire you with charges this serious. Dismissed or not, you were charged with a very serious charge. A facility cannot risk employing someone with charges such as this.

You might be able to look into doctor's offices, but they won't pay you what you are worth and the benefits won't be as good.

Mar 14, 2011, 10:14 AM
    What would be a good field to get into if the medical field is not an option I am a really good student is the heating air field a good chance with me with them charges on my record

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Tn and divorced my abusive husband 3 years ago after 33 years of terrible abuse. I have many pictures and hospital records to prove the abuse I suffer. Even though he was never arrested can I still go to court and prosecute him ?

Domestic Violence [ 13 Answers ]

The other night me and my boyfriend had a fight. I pushed him with not even that much force, we verbally fought for a few min and the police showed up. When I admitted to pushing him, he told them I didn't. They arrested me and brought me to jail.. when I was released I signed the agree not see...

Domestic Violence Charge [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for several opinions: I am charged with domestic violence battery Misdemeanor 1st and felony 3rd degree false Imprisonment with my wife as victim. She has Already signed a declination of prosecution Because she understands my illness (alcoholism). I currently taking 7...

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

Will the Grand Jury listen to the victim in a grand jury proceeding when the victim wants to drop the charges. If the victim cannot remember the incident.

View more questions Search