Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ReubenRooter4u Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 10:09 PM
    Got a Question about a Sewer Ejector Pump Access Panel
    Hey I've Got A Question For Ya Guy's... I'm A Residential Plumber... But Don't Know This One.. And Don't Have My Book On Me... I Have to install an Access Panel for a Sewer ejector pump some idiot put underneath a kitchen sink... The City won't Buy it... I Want to put it on the reverse wall next to the pedistal sink in the Bathroom... But my Question is... How Far Away From that Access Panel am I Going to have to be before I can put My Lav Back... If I Move It Too Far Over... I Will Be Within My 15" Of Toilet Clearance... Is 15" Off that wall Ok? Plzz Help.. Thanks Guys!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 04:04 PM

Hi. I think you will be okay as long as you can remove the panel without removing toilet or pedestal. Even if you incringe on the 15" clearance for the toilet, the toilet usually actually takes up less than ten inches from center to side. To be on the safe side, I would contact the local plumbing authority (plumbing inspector) in your area and have him give you his thoughts on this. Good luck and please let us know how things work out.

PS. Welcome to AMHD. We could always use another plumber to help anwer questions. Hope to see you around.
    ReubenRooter4u Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 11:11 PM
    Comment on mygirlsdad77's post
    Hey Thanks A Lot Man!. I Really Appreciate It... Yeah... We'll See Hahah... I'll Roll with it... I'm Sure Your Right.. I Just REALLY Don't like Failing an Inspection.. Hehehehe... 2 years Licensed... No Fails! (Not to be Boastful.. Just Proud).. And Thanks On the Invite! I'd Love To Help These Guys Any Time! Hey.. Thanks Again.. Until Next time...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer ejector pump troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sewer ejector pump in my basement that has been backing up water. This is the second time this has happened in 6 months. The water appears to be sewer water backing up from the basement bathroom or basement washer/dryer. The rest of the draining/plumbing in the house seems to be working...

Sewer ejector pump smell [ 5 Answers ]

The utilty room that houses my ejector pump gets smelly when the door is closed. I just bought the house so I don't know much about the system or it's history.

Sewer ejector pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new house, in the basement, the builder stubbed out for a bathroom. They also installed a Basin for a sewer ejection pump under the stairs (the main sewer line from the stubbed downstairs bathroom terminates into this basin.) The builder also installed a vent pipe up and out through the...

Sewer Ejector Pump Issues [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a house 7 years ago that had a Sewer Ejector Pump. For 5 1/2 years, we had no issues with the pump. In July 2007 (1 1/2 years)our pumps were not working and we had them replaced. We spend $6000 on a new system which included new chamber, with dual pumps, alarm system, etc. IN Oct...

Clogged sewer ejector pump [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a similar question brought up before. We have a sewer ejector pump (lift station) that has to transfer waste quite a ways across the street. Our pump frequently has issues and we have to have it cleaned 2-3 times a year minimum due to grease, float switch getting stuck and so forth. We now...

View more questions Search