Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 06:27 PM
    53, married,female,lonely,depressed,new to area
    Recently moved to new state. Daughter had a baby and wanted to be near them. I am not sure it its because of my age, beginning manapause, because I don't like how busy and the traffic where I live. Will not drive in this area. (only 1 mile to very local store) afraid to drive longer distances. Feel so isolated. I do have a couple of friends, am married to a wonderful man, but am so lonely and depressed. I am crying as I am writtig this letter.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 06:37 PM

New sights, sounds, people. I too hate driving in lots of traffic, especially now at my ancient age. Is it all residential around you? Is there a public library nearby? 0r a branch library?
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Mar 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
    Could you try an antidepressant or some anxiety medication for even a little while? Maybe it's menopausal depression, but hormone replacement isn't right for everyone. I'm sorry this is such a hard time for you. I hope you can find a way back to the things you used to enjoy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am feeling very lonely and depressed. [ 19 Answers ]

Some of you may recognize me from some of my postings on relationships. If I look back at my life even just a year ago, I was very active and not feeling so depressed. I own a business that's doing well, I have several great hobbies, I have great friends. The average person would say " Why are...

Depressed and lonely [ 8 Answers ]

I have been married for over 10 years but there was never any growth in our relationship. My partner is short tempered and at times very violent. I have been enduring a lot of mental abuse of late. Since the last couple of years my partner has been asking me for a divorce but wants me to make the...

I feel lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I do not know where to start :(. I feel so lonely and miserable, Im 20 yrs old.. I don't have many friends and the best friend that I had - has stopped talking to me for stupid reasons such as.. I fink all the boys like me, etc. Which is NOT d case but at times I would blame myself and...

Lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Basically ill try and explain as briefly as I can... im in a mess - I feel lonely and depressed! I've been involved with a few lads over the past year, I have never actually got with any of them, as I am petrified of commitment! I find myself becoming VERY easily attached to lads, as I enjoy...

View more questions Search