Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elisabeth17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 03:57 PM
    A 3.5 g copper penny has a positive charge...
    A 3.5 g copper penny has a positive charge of 29 µC. What fraction of its electrons has it lost?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Mar 13, 2011, 08:12 PM
    Try answering each of the following simpler questions which should lead you to the answer. If you get stuck, say where.

How many copper atoms in 3.5 grams? (Hint: 1 mole of copper weighs 63.546 grams. That's it's atomic weight).

How many electrons per copper atom?

What's the charge of 1 electron?

So how many electrons in 29 µC?

Finally, what's the percentage of the number of electrons in 29 µC out of the total number of electrons in the penny?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would cause 'kind of' bubbling in the copper on a penny coin? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1965 penny that looks almost like the copper is bubbled up on the coin. Or maybe like it was poured on it and left to harden that way. And it's quite a bit across the top of the coin and along the front of Lincoln's face over to the edge of the coin, and going down to the year date. ...

1944 copper penny [ 6 Answers ]

Howdy-I have a 1944 copper wheatback penny, great condition, perfectly readable and see-able. Any considerable value?

I just had a blood test ANA positive SS-b for sjogren's slightly positive [ 7 Answers ]

Does this mean I definitely have Sjogren's?:confused:

1944 copper wheat back penny [ 2 Answers ]

I was going through some old English money this evening and found a U.S. wheat back penny from 1944. I'm wondering if this coin has any value?

View more questions Search