Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggl3s Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Dizzy
    Hi I'm 29yrs old and my dizzy spells are getting worst, I fainted a few times, I always had this problem but now its getting worst. Sometimes my heart beats fast and I sweat and I forget a lot in school or when someone talks to me. I lose balance a lot and I'm afraid to leave the house, this happen one time I went swimming and I almost drowned and then another time I was at work and I fainted twice. I was diagonose with mild seizures. This is affecting me all I do is sleep a lot. Sometimes I can't go on the crosstrainer because I get dizzy. I afraid to do stuff. I can't go out to clubs or bars because I get dizzy. I gained a lot of weight in like a month. I want to know what should I do, is this a neuro problem I should see a doctor.:confused:
    cregan Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggl3s
    hi im 29yrs old and my dizzy spells are getting worst, i fainted a few times, i always had this problem but now its getting worst. sometimes my heart beats fast and i sweat and i forget alot in school or when someone talks to me. i lose balance alot and im afraid to leave the house, this happen one time i went swimming and i almost drowned and then another time i was at work and i fainted twice. i was diagonose with mild seizures. this is affecting me all i do is sleep alot. sometimes i can't go on the crosstrainer because i get dizzy. i afraid to do stuff. i can't go out to clubs or bars because i get dizzy. i gained alot of weight in like a month. i wanna know what should i do, is this a neuro problem i should see a doctor.:confused:
    During your dizzy episodes, do you have symptoms like shaking, irratable, blurry vision and confusion? You seem like an active person, do you eat enough? Are your meals well balanced with proteins and carbs. I used to get lots of dizzy episodes. I didn't know what was going on and the only thing that could fix my symptoms was to eat and eat sugar. I found out that my blood sugar are was high and lows. If you think that might be the case, you can buy a blood monitor and test in the morning before eating and 2 hours after meals. The are inexpensive. You fasting sugars should be between 70-110 mg and 2 hours after a meal should be lower than 140 mg. Test when you have your symptoms, usually these symptoms can be felt when lower than 70 mg. If you go too low such as below 40 mg, there is a strong possibility to faint

Hope this helps

Jan 21, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Hi, it happens when I get nervous a lot. I don't shake sometime I lose my speech. I just lose my balance and fall. I just get very weak also. I think I eat well. Because I gained a lot of weight lately.
    cregan Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Oh, I don't know. Every time I get low sugar I shake. But one thing I get at the same time is lose my speech and feel very weak and I have to sleep after.

Are you seeing a doctor currently?

Jan 21, 2007, 12:11 PM
    OK thanks, no I don't one time a doctor told me it was mild seizures. The dizzyness goes on and off. And sometimes I thought it was panic attacks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 12:19 PM
    It may be panic attacks, anemia, orthostatic hypotension, etc etc. But to get an accurate diagnosis you must seek the treatment of your haelth care professional.

No matter what it is, there is treatment. But whatever advice you receive here is not medical at best. It is only advice based on what you post here. It is imperative that you seek medical treatment as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizzy kid? Or seizure.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, first time forum user here. I was searching on the net for a possible answer to a question I have. I just called our local hospital and the nurse was not able to help me at all, we live in a small town with a general practice doctor and a few nurses. I was playing with my daughter on the...

Dizzy / unreal feeling when using computer [ 2 Answers ]

My problem started around 6 months ago. I do office work, so I spend from 7 to 10 hours in front of the computer. I don't know if the type of screen has anything to do with it, but I use a MAG flat LCD screen as well as a laptop with LCD screen and I have the problem with both. I never had...

Headache & dizzy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am using glasses from 3 years with 0.5 sight with both the eyes with little angle. I checked my eye sight regularly and it did not increase. But I feel like my eyes are tired quickly when I am working on the computer. I usually wear glasses only while working on the computer and...

View more questions Search