Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dre1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 09:20 PM
    Nose piercing hurts
    I've had my nose pierced for about a week now and for about a day it's been hurting really bad. I'm just using H2Ocean to clean it. Is there anything else I should be doing to take care of it? Is it safe to use anti-bacterial soap on it? I really don't want to take it out.
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2011, 04:00 PM
    I wouldn't use soap on it if I were you; piercings can react badly to the chemicals in soap and become infected. I'd stick to using warm salt water, or if you want to try something antibacterial, diluted tea tree oil can be applied to it after cleaning.

Don't worry, you don't have to take it out. It doesn't sound like it is infected, which is when you would have to take it out, it is just healing and it is normal to experience some pain and/or discomfort during the healing process. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory tablet, such as ibuprofen, as this will help reduce any swelling and also act as a painkiller so will also ease any pain and discomfort you are feeling.

After a week or so, if the pain is very bad or the piercing very swollen, go back to the piercing shop and just ask them to take a look at it for you. I'm sure they won't mind, and they will be able to put your mind at rest and (hopefully) let you know it isn't infected.

Good luck
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
    H2Ocean can dry your piercing out a lot. Use the method of osmosis (salt water solution) twice a day. Try not to touch your piercing with unclean fingers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on inside of nose from nose piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I have had my nose pierced for about two months now . It was pierced by the gun. I have heard that is bad. After 3 days I changed my nose pin. Then after one week I changed it again. After one month I had a big red blister outside my nose. I guess a blood blister? After popping it . The blister...

Nose re-piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my nose pierced 3 times in 2 years and I want to get the last one reopened what should I do?

Nose piercing help! [ 2 Answers ]

Ive had my nose pierced for over a year, and I just recently changed the stud to a hoop,and it was red and a little painful for a few days, and now its fine but now on the inside of my nose right where the hoop goes in there's a bump. Should I be concerned? :/

Nose Piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I just got my nose pierced today and I was just wondering if anybody has any tips about it... I got it on my left side.. thanks~

Nose piercing? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my nose pierced abot a month ago And I have a little buump at the side of the piercing. Im not sure what it is But is there anything I can do to get rid of it. Currently I'm wearing the studs that have the ball at the end and the ball slips out a little and my whole keeps closing in...

View more questions Search