Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrochinski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 03:08 PM
    My 1099 differs from federal
    My 1099 differed from the federal in 2009 now they want additional tax, penalties and interest? Is there a way around this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
    Please explain more clearly.
    Do you mean that you have a 1099 for 2009 that differs from what the company that issued the 1099 reported to the IRS?
    First contact the company to see what they say they reported.
    Then contact the IRS (this time of year, ugh, useless, so do it by mail) with another copy of the 1099.
    Anyone of you could have made a mistake, including the IRS.
    How much is it off?
    Are you sure you didn't have another 1099 or two that year?
    Are you sure that it's the amount that differs, and not that you didn't figure taxes correctly?
    mrochinski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 03:27 PM
    I received two from this particular company one for $2175 and another for $1300 and the IRS states that they reported $18025. They are asking for payment + interest and penalties... uggh
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2011, 06:34 PM

Contest it, unless you were really paid 18025.

Contact the company you worked for, ask for verification, and ask for time and a hearing if needed to clear it up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Federal Per Diem for meals 50%, 80% or 100% Non Taxable for 1099 employees [ 3 Answers ]

Contract employees receive a 1099 that does not have separate boxes for pay and federal per diem. Business meals are generally allowed at 50% . The per diem is different and may be 100% allowed for contract employees out of town for under one yr. I can not find a clear answer in the IRS...

1099-INT federal tax withheld for F-1 student [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, how do you report when US bank erroneously withheld taxes from interest income and issued 1099-INT to a F-1 student? The interest income is non-taxable & withholding is added to other withholdings, that much is clear. But how do you show it on the return? I could see two solutions: 1....

Ideal differs from real culture [ 1 Answers ]

How does ideal culture differ from real culture? Also, how they diifer in U. S society

Federal Wage information is missing in my W2. How can I pay my Federal tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Last year, I was working as F1 in OPT. As F1, I can exempt from society security tax and medicare tax. But the accounting company also exempted my Federal tax and told me that was the way to do it. I thought I could report my Federal tax later, so I let it go. But right now, I get my...

View more questions Search