Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MDB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Exhaust vent boot installation
    Recently I was in my attic & noticed water damage located right below a vent stack. I checked the exterior boot & noticed the bottom portion of the boot flashing was nailed down. Is this proper installation to nail the bootom portion of the rubber boot flashing?

Should it only be caulked??

Thanks for any input
    MDB
    cecrane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
    I have a Comfort II program with four zones and a Payne High Energy Efficient heater. The heater comes on for only several minutes and then shuts off. There is a continuous running of the vent. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Share bathroom and kitchen exhaust vent [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to put in an exhaust vent for my bathroom in the basement. I have two questions. First, does the roughed in usually have the trap pre-installed for the shower under the floor? Second, Can I run the bathroom vent to the kitchen exhaust pipe and have it run to the outside. In...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

Installation of a Bathroom exhaust fan [ 6 Answers ]

My source of power is originating from a light fixture and then goes to a switch. I've pulled a cable from the switch box to a bathroom exhaust fan and wanted to find out how to go about wiring it up. What would normally be a neutral wire (white wire) in this case ends up being the live wire...

Vent Stack boot on roof [ 4 Answers ]

Installing new DWV system, finally ready to cut the stack through the roof. The flashing/boot that I bought says "do not caulk". I assume that means don't use caulk around the neoprene gasket that seals around the stack pipe, makes sense to me. But what about the flat underside of the aluminum...

Exhaust vent [ 4 Answers ]

We have a new furnace located in the basement with a PVC exhaust pipe. The exhaust exits the house through the wall at the floor joists and is turned down toward the ground with a 90 degree elbow. Is this a common practice? I just assumed that it would exhaust through the roof as the old systems...

View more questions Search