Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhilTayz Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Mar 11, 2011, 11:27 PM
    I need to talk to someone about this relationship.
    I usually don't develop many friendships within my classroom, since I think most of my mates are stupid and idiots, etc. Anyway I developed a really deep friendship with a girl I liked, who also considered the others the same way I did. I told her I liked her, she rejected me, but still we did move on. We became best friends. Anyway, while we were in school she kept moving away from me because I sent her some kind of pain waves while we were together and she spent more time with the "idiots and ignorants" (her own words) than with me. When we were on the same table we never talked even when I tried and when I was complemeting her drawings she always told me to stop.
    When she was with others, the exactly opposite.
    Now, without no sign of warning, our friendship is over. She just texted me saying it was over and never talked to me again since then. On the first few days after she did that, I was doing everything to know the "why" but then I realised I was crawling after her and I just gave up. I tried to forget my feelings, memmories, etc. And I do actually think I did.
    Anyway, when I see her every day at school, talking with people, enjoying life, I get so annoyed like I've never got. As I am sitting next to her I can see her chatting with people that were on the same place I was before, showing them the draws, accepting the complements, smiling... Everything she has never done with me. And even when I'm not near her I can't control myself to stop looking at her at least for 10 minutes!
    And it's so damn annoying! I just don't know what to do anymore. I believe it's destroing my inside. All the answers I've had so far say me to pray or to meet new people: I'm agnostic and I have friends. Lots of them. Just not inside my classroom. 2 completely different worlds.
    It's getting so annoying facing her everyday and going through the same feelings again, and again, and again... And thinking "where did I go wrong/what did I do?/have I forgotten her already?". The answer is still the same for all of them: I don't know!
    Please help me!
    (Can you ignore my spelling mistakes too, please? ;P)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 11:35 PM

Actually, you write very well. I noticed one spelling mistake for which I forgive you.

Why am I missing the "deep friendship" part?
    1) I told her I liked her ~ she rejected me
    2) she kept moving away from me because I sent her some kind of pain waves while we were together
    3) she spent more time with the "idiots and ignorants" (her own words) than with me
    4) we never talked even when I tried
    5) when I was complimenting her drawings, she always told me to stop.

Mar 12, 2011, 06:09 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Yea... It was cool at the start we could talk, go to cinema, etc.
    But after a while we could only talk to each other using text messages. I kept telling her that it wouldn't work but she never listened to me. It was kind of hard to keep a friendship by a phone but I gave it a try...
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 07:02 AM

So it wasn't really a friendship.
    So why do you think you can't get over these feelings?
    Were you hoping something more would come of it?

If she doesn't want to have anything more to do with you see that as her problem,not yours.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2011, 07:08 AM
    Why do you call all your classmates idiots and ignorant?

Have you tried mixing with them a bit more, it sounded like you both kind of isolated yourselves from the rest of the class and she maybe didn't like it.

You should try talking to some of them and getting to know them they might not be as bad as you think and be new friends for you, I can guarantee when you do this she won't bother your thoughts even half as much as now.

Mar 12, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Comment on adviceishere's post
    Because the people in my class are either people who spent their time studying and don't talk to anyone... people who are always after girls and have no chance to talk... people who are always playing Game Boy alone... people that make fun of me... people that are drug addicts.. people who drink all time.. Nothing like me.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2011, 07:30 AM

OK, so what kind of person do you think you are? Maybe there's people from another class that you can relate to a bit more?

Mar 12, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Yea that's the problem :P I don't know why I feel this. For real! I don't feel anything for her anyomore. I've already been rejected lots of times and rejected on my own sometimes too. But I've never felt anything like this. It's affecting my school performance because I can't even pay attention in classes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2011, 07:50 AM

You say you have lots of friends, then have fun with them and cope with your new feelings of attraction that's a distraction after you were rejected. Go back to the habits you had before she was friends with you and do what you have done all along.

This class makes you isolated and alone, but its temporary, and you will have others classes, so this is only a chance to learn how to deal with yourself, when you are put into new, and awkward situations. They are called growing pains, and they start with not be close to this female you once shared a good time with. An adjustment by you is needed, and more effort into focusing on what's important is needed. Her presence is no longer important.

How old are you? As you go through this experience of growing pains, you will get use to handling yourself better in these situations. For now, ignore her, and what she is doing.
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 07:50 AM

I think it's the could have beens that you're stuck in.

You're going to have to fake it till you make if you spend the better part of the day in the same rom with her.

Superconcentrate on your classes and take it one day at the time.

Mar 12, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Thanks that was useful :D
    Anyway I'm still kind of worried because now I know (as I always thougt I knew) that I can't have a deep deep friendship with someone I like and now I don't know how to speak to her since I'm used to "hello; how are you; aren't you ok? what's happening?" and then it goes on and on... :P
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 11:25 AM

Of course you can have deep friendships with people you like,just not with her it seems.

As for speaking to her,just a polite Hi and then keep doing your thing.

Mar 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Yea but I mean... I've just read somewhere in this web site that it's actually bad in any way to be friends of someone we like...
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 12:19 PM

Ah,my bad,did you mean as in 'really like' like?
    I still stand by my post where I meant like as in 'just' like...

Mar 12, 2011, 12:27 PM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Yea I meant like as in really like xP that's the problem...
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 12:38 PM

You should still do the polite 'hi' thing though-have you read about the No Contact rule?
    Well,you can't do proper NC,but do minimum contact.

And I know it's tough but it will get better.

Mar 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Yea but I mean... I'm used to show people they can trust me and it usually ends up in forced friendships, fake feelings and so on...
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 01:08 PM

Friendships take time to develop,as does trust.

Yoy have a circle of friends outside school so you know you have people who like and trust you and vice versa.

Mar 12, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Yea dude but my guess is that we are talking in different aspects of "friendship" and "like"... ;D
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 01:21 PM

Maybe so,but I think you know what I mean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship break up. Talk it over and get opinions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I will try and keep this short to save you reading and me typing! My girlfriend of 6 years told me the other day she doesn't love me anymore. After a small bit of digging she said she doesn't find me attractive anymore, is fed up with life and feels stuck in a rut. Bit of...

I need someone to talk to about my relationship? [ 6 Answers ]

My fiance'e of 12years just broke up with me for no reason on 9/4/10 just yesterday and we have a son and he is the only child we have. But just 3 hour's ago he called me up and want's to come home tomarrow and be a happy Family again. But early this morning he text me a message saying that he does...

I need to talk to someone about my relationship... [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were together for about a year and then he slept with my best friend. He was/is my first love. He ended up cheating on her with me by my call... the thing is; I can't get over what he did. If anyone could help me out with this; or at least talk to me about it and give me their...

I need to talk to someone about my relationship [ 2 Answers ]

My girl and I broke up about a month ago and I thought I was over her but last night I cryed like a baby and today I still feel down in the dumps. I give up on us but still I can't get her out of my mind. How much longer will I go through this valley of doom and gloom?

I need relationship talk with people [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know when to ask this girl out we've only known each other for a couple of days and we really got a lot of chemistry

View more questions Search