Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cats11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 09:35 PM
    Meanings of bible verses?
    To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna and will give him a white stone and in the stone a new name written
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 09:50 PM

I like the explanation here --

Spiritual Meaning of REVELATION 2:17
    jolevon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
    I believe the explanation given in 'Spiritual Meaning of Revelation 2:17 to be very sound. I would, however, add that the new name written in the white stone (signifying guiltlessness) to be a name that only the recipient and his/her Lord will know. The old names we have dragged through the mud here on earth have been tarnished and collected many unfortunate reputations. That name will always remind someone of our past sins. But the new name God gives us will be completely untarnished and free of any implication of a past life of sin. He will remove our sins as far as the East is from the West and will REMEMBER them no more!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2011, 02:11 PM

Jolevon,

I agree. We will be given a new name and the meaning will be between me and the Lord. Isn't that cool? I just love that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 02:16 PM

And of course if you would give chapter and verse it helps.

But as a new poster, what do you feel it means
    jolevon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Certainly is, Classy T. The Lord is cool in a number of ways, isn't He? Of course, the original manuscripts contained no delineation of chapter and verse. But for thoise who have the Word written upon their hearts, such delineation is not necessary!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding a meaning for bible passage (luke 4 verses 18-19) [ 36 Answers ]

I have to find out the meaning of the bible passage Luke 4 verses 18-19 this is it “The Lord's Spirit has come to me, because he has chosen me to tell the good news to the poor. The Lord has sent me to announce freedom for prisoners, to give sight to the blind, to free everyone who suffers,...

Symbol meanings [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew what the following symbols stood for: 1. The Eye of Ra 2. The Egyptian Ankh

Double meanings [ 3 Answers ]

1. THINGY (thing-ee) n. Female... Any part under a car's hood. Male... The strap fastener on a woman's bra. 2. VULNERABLE (vul-ne-ra-bel) adj. Female... Fully opening up one's self emotionally to another. Male... Playing football without a cup. 3. COMMUNICATION (...

Phrase meanings [ 0 Answers ]

I am 8th grade, What is the following mean: 1."who is on you when you made mistake?" 2."you are in the big shoes." Thanks, I try to finish my assigment:) :( .

View more questions Search